Saturday, March 30, 2019

Spring Peepers - Poem: View from my Red Couch

Huge bird alights on phone wire. I noticed it this morning.

Am working now on my short story due at 2 pm at B's place.

While eating my usual egg breakfast, I watched HEAL on Netflix, suggested by my sister Donna.

Below is the famous Kardashian Family.

They look like creatures from Outer Space.

Star Wars, the dynasty continues.



In an hour, Scott and I are leaving for Pennypack Trust to listen for Spring Peepers.

For dinner he made Pasta Sauce with Lentil Noodles and Roasted Pepper with mashed potatoes and hummus.

Overflow crowd at Beatriz's, Barbara Custer came for the first time. She's a regular at the Thursday group in Hatboro, PA.

She brought a copy of her magazine in full color called Blood Red Shadow.

Linda was afraid I was gonna go home with it.

I told Barbara I might write something for it. Five dollars per story. I said I'm saving money for my new roof.

At Scott's we watched Firing Line with Margaret Hoover, great granddaughter of Herbert. Angus someone was her guest.

Honest, we saw, and wouldn't speculate about anything, but said we must read Bob Mueller's full report.



Hello Bob. Google him and you'll find dozens of photos of him.

People at the writers' group liked my short story AMSTERDAM, which was only four pages, but suggested I make changes, which I will.

Must I write a poem?

FROM THE RED COUCH

Bill's pickup gleaming in the waning sunlight
Speed Limit 25 on my curb
Pink birdhouse filled with a sparrow's nest
Soon I'll have more grandchildren
Feathers soft
Feathers lovely
Who but the great Whomever
Could create a bird.




No comments:

Post a Comment