Saturday, March 30, 2019

50 or more came to Spring Peepers Program

Scott and I drove over to Pennypack Trust to attend the Spring Peepers Program. They hadn't had it for three years - due to muddy conditions - so folks came out on this lovely cool evening.

Tom Hibbs led us down from the Barn at Pennypack Trust to see and hear the spring peepers.

Fifty folks attended. Good to teach your grandchildren a love of nature, I said to John Keck, who wore his firefighter's sweatshirt. He reminded me who he was. He and Ed Quinn painted large areas of my house. 



 Cool dude walks barefoot. Later we'll learn why.
 Swampland holds noisy spring peepers. Usually when people walk by they stop their mating cries, but not this time. It seemed to excite them.

 Watch your footing! I got caught in some nettles and several people helped me out.
 Altho this may look like Monet's lily pads, it's the home to thousands of spring peepers. Tom Hibbs has a knack for catching them, then showing them to the kids. X marks the spot on the back of the males.
 Cool Dude is really the Buddha sitting under a tree.
 In the dimming light he sits.
Henry Wynkoop, a friend of George Washington, reads the sign. Click to enlarge. Thanks, I'll do dat after I've signed off.

Anything else, my dear?

Cleaned off my muddy boots with many napkins. They're still muddy. My muddy clothes are in the wash.

Many times during our walk, my boots got stuck in the mud. But my boots were made for walking, so that's what I did.

Spring Peepers Are Here

Peep peep peep.

One you may not hear.

Multiply that by a thousand and they create an orchestra about love.

Shall we find their songs?

Click here.

When Scott and I drove home, we saw a race car on our street. We walked down the street and found out what it was.

A McLauren.

Image result for mclaren p1 price

Top price: 2 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment