Thursday, September 21, 2017

Oh, hello! Sending out Pumpkin Cards to The Lucky Trifecta - Poem: Drugs

Oh, hello there!

What we're listening to:

Crosby Stills Nash and Young at the Fillmore East in NYC, 1970.

See, I just finished my article for the Intelligencer. I began with a quote from the Stephen Stills' song he wrote for his then-girlfriend, Judy Collins. Suite Judy Blue Eyes.

What could be more beautiful.

With a word limit of 700, I winnowed it down to slightly over 700. I'm working with a new editor, Guy Italian last name.

I sent it over to Ada to review.

With my new Microsoft Program it took me 7 minutes to find the WORD COUNT button. Also the page numbering takes three steps instead of one.

This morning I had the idea of sending PUMPKIN cards to various friends. I made three cards.

Is nothing sacred, Ruthie? Sharing your cards with the thousands of people who read your blog? (Shhh! It's really only 30 people with great minds.)

 First I used Julien's Sunbeam Dryer to dry the orange paint. Then I simply put it in the preheated oven, which I turned off after 30 seconds.
 I typed up a message, blocking it with the ..... you're so smart, you figger it out. That's a line from one of my poems. Oh, that's right. It's in my true short story, Spanish Arches or the alternate name, Norman is that You?
Norman: like a bewhiskered magistrate.

Tera McAmis,
Tera McAmis, M.L.I.S.
Public Services Assistant Director
Upper Moreland Public Library
www.UMFPL.org
 
Tera was our Guest Speaker at ND last night. She's from Oklahoma where they have a wonderful library system and loads of money.
 
Had lunch at a very exclusive restaurant.
 
 Scratched in the once-wet sidewalk were the former owners of me house. The Travis Family. Click to see the word TRAV and also, I believe, a heel print.
 I ate a chicken salad platter w sauerkraut, cole slaw, tomaters, etc. They do not make platters but I told Bernadette how to do it. Also after taking a couple bites of the chocolate croissant I returned it for being stale.
Brian Rothkoft and his peer Herb. We chatted away. Brian lives in Bensalem. 

Can you see my eyelids drooping?"

Hey, wise guy. I said drooping, not drooling.

Yes, I continued to watch The Vietnam War. 

DRUGS

Okay, I confess, when I was younger
I tried cocaine. A nice young man
offered me some, but I did a terrible
thing: I sneezed and like talcum powder
it blew all over the back of someone's car.

Now my addictions are few. I haven't driven
to Dairy Queen in over a month, but, hey,
the night is young, and they're open until
10.

Is blogging an addiction? Are watching
Netflix films to procrastinate from
writing a story for the Intell an
addiction?

Stop worrying, Ruthie. Life is an addiction.
I wanna stay around as long as I can. Let
Metallica play. My back doctor listens to
them while he fixes our backs. 

***
Scuse me a sec. Wanna find out if Bill Wonder, Vietnam vet, watched the Vietnam show. I'm a little nervous cause he's a published poet but worse, I may not have his email address.

Hold on.

It's spelled Bill Wunder. You know what?  I think the surname Wunder is a thing of beauty.

And, yes, Dear Reader, anything can be a thing of beauty. 

Okay, I sent the email.

And so to bed. Quite warm so I'll train the fan on myself.

Tomro I see Doc Guy Lee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment