Saturday, August 26, 2017

Nation watches as Hurricane Pounds Corpus Christi - Poem: Wives Know Best

WIVES KNOW BEST

Mamie and Nancy
Laura and Michelle
sure did

Go, Donny, go
she advised her
man. You can
be in and out
of Corpus Christi
and back on the
golf course
all in one
morning's time.

How's my hair look,
he asked as they
flew into town.

She smiled that knowing
smile of hers as
the winds of God howled
and struck down
her man

His body sailed up
in the air, twisting
and turning,
his fancy Italian shoes
falling to the ground below

Yes, a regular
horror story by
Stephen King
as the 130 mph winds
flipped his fragile bod
as if he were a
deviled egg
sprinkled with paprika

They're looking for him still,
that 45th president of the
United States, trumped by
the vanity of the Lord.

***

Image result for gene salkind md    Gene Salkind, MD.

It was like being with Guy Lee all over again.

Pain in left leg and butt is quite bad. But it's not sciatica.

Diagnosis is

M96.1

Postlaminectomy syndrome, not elsewhere classified. M96.1 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes. This is the American ICD-10-CM version of M96.1.

SO, I'm not the only person who suffers post-surgery.

While I was eating my dinner salad last night, Scott came over and said he'd drive me to Guy Lee's office on Maryland Avenue.

I couldn't find it for my Monday appt which is why I'm seeing Salkind.

Eating my salad in the car - seasoned with mayo and turmeric - I was delighted to look out the window and not worry about a thing except spilling onto his seat. 

And sure enuf, there it was.

Gonna eat my breakfast now. Later, it's Grace's seventh bday party.

Image result for the river book   This is the sequel to HATCHET. Nothing can compare to the original. I'll listen to the audio book while I make breakfast.

I told Salkind that the best way to make my leg feel better is to be on my computer for awhile. And I couldn't believe he hadn't heard of physical therapist Margaret Fitzpatrick. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment