Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Gouging of the eyeballs at Dr Clark's - Scott's Christmas Meal

I had successful cataract surgery in July and August of this year. Dr. Clark wanted to see me for another post-surgery appt.

Instead of telling you what happened, lemme post a letter I hand-delivered to his office this morning.

Dear Dr Clark –

I had a 5 pm appointment with you yesterday, December 23, a post-cataract check-up. [my second]

During my appointment, several types of eye drops were administered by one of your female aides.

I did not catch her name, but when she put in the drops, her fingers touched both my eyeballs in a very painful manner. This was shocking, but I said nothing.

The woman was tall and had long blond hair.

I am not allergic to any of your eye drops.

After I got home, my right eye began to tear-up, with considerable pain, and got worse and worse as the night wore on. Tears streamed unstoppably out of my right eye for the rest of the night. Mucus poured out of my nose. The pain was so severe I considered going to the ER. 

Fortunately, I was able to fall asleep and my eye is much better this morning, although it is still tender.

Please tell this woman what happened to me and make sure it never happens again. I would hate to have this happen to someone else and for it to cause permanent damage and your office be held negligent.

Sincerely,

When I got home, Toni from the office called and apologized for Dr Clark. "It was an accident," she said about the woman. Then she tried to blame me. "You should have called us."

Trust me, they are going to do nothing about the situation, and trust me, I am never going back to Dr Francis J Clark in Hatboro.

Picture getting eyedrops. All you do is pull down the lower eyelid.

This woman had two fingers right IN my eyeballs, of both my eyes, while she put the drops in.

Is that screwed up or what? 

*
Mercifully, I was able to sleep after drinking some wine I had just bought at the Giant. In bed, my eye and my nose kept dripping unstoppable. I brot a towel in bed to wipe my nose.

Looking in the meer, the eye was not bloodshot. It was half-open. I couldn't believe what was happening to me!

My friend Ada Fleisher was outraged. You mean, he didn't ask you to come in to examine your eye this morning?

No he didn't, which would have been the right thing to do. It's called being conscientious and about caring about your patients. 

Right now, 7:15 pm, the eye is still not one hundred percent. If I focus on it, it feels slightly swollen.

It's funny b/c I just finished a Jack Reacher crime thriller in which terrible things like this happened to people.

Scott was also shocked.

Years ago, when he lived on F Street in the Northeast, he was making something with metal in his basement workshop. A piece of metal flew into his eye. He went to Wills' Eye who took very good c/o him. They told him that in a year the pain would return.

When it did he went to a local eye doctor. The person was supposed to have numbed his eye but did not. Scott jumped out of the chair and said, "You're hurting me. I'm not letting you touch me."

Unlike Ruthie who, for some reason, said nuffin.

Here I am in my Chico's peach-colored sweater with cowl neck, a birthday gift from Ada and Rich.


Was listening to WXPN this morning while making breakfast. Their former traffic reporter, Lauren Valley, moved to Texas with her husband. She mentioned she was making tilapia for the two of them, Texan-style.

Well, I'm no Texas, though I spent about three years in Houston and Austin during my marriage, so I went online and found mine own tilapia recipe, made with two large pieces of tilapia, butter, Chardonnay, garlic, lemon, green scallions, cherry tom's.

Scott loved it. This was his Christmas Dinner since he's gotta work night shift at SEPTA tonite and tomro. 

I used place mats and napkins Mom had given me a couple months ago. 

"Who wants to do the dishes?" I asked.

He volunteered tho he said the

gloves "dry up" when you don't use them.

When I was a kid my favorite gifts were dolls, like these

  Madame Alexander Dolls with their pert little mouths. The company is still producing their dolls. Lemme suggest they don't make any of the North Korean leader and his family.


No comments:

Post a Comment