Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Birthday - 12-25-45 - Christmas Cinquin

Watched a terrific show on PBS last nite about Jesus, who then becomes Jesus the Christ. Watch it here.



There are so many images of Christ.

You can't help but wonder if the Jews had done a better marketing job if Judaism would be one of the world's most populous religions.

I did think to myself that of all the historical figures out there, Jesus is the one I'd like most to meet. I did write a story about that and submitted it somewhere.

When I awoke to Sesame Street on Channel 12, I ran downstairs to take the cheese challah outa the freezer. It's waiting now on the table until it's room temp.

Dinner at The Demings is at 5.

Here's what I asked myself this morning.

What would you most like to do right now?

I'd like to buy a delicious cup of coffee.

There is only one place where you can get consistently delicious coffee.

Went to the Huntingdon Valley Starbux where my sister Donna works but has the day off.

At 8:11 in the morning, I drove to the train station to pick up Scott from work.

He wasn't there.

Then I drove to Starbucks, and then went home.

As I got outa the car, I heard the train whistle.

Drove back to the station - it's about 12 minutes away - and saw him walking down Davisville Road.

I pulled into the driveway of Kremp Florist

  and he was so surprised to see me. He kept smiling.

Then I went home and finished off my chicken dish for breakfast.

Really good!

Went for a short walk around the block, then meditated for 15 minutes, falling asleep. Went upstairs to my purple bedroom

got under the covers and commenced reading - and sleeping - my Robert Crais book, which is getting better.

The detective Joe Pike is sposed to be a zen-like dude, whose fave beverage is a bottle of water. Every time he mentions chugging down a bottle, I lean over and take a couple of sips from my covered water glass on my bedside table.

Dan gave me the glass. Donna and I bought the Sony radio years ago at her Sam's Club. I bought the lamp years ago at Staples and had a burgundy-colored shade over it, which meant I couldn't read a g'dam thing unless I removed the shade.

So when I went to Walmart to buy the Rit dye for my curtains, I asked Stacey to lead me to the lamp shades and bought this. Of course my fave way to read is with light streaming from the tiny window over my bed.

What a beautiful day it is today!

Blue skies and a 50-degree temperature.

Hey, guess what song is playing on WRTI?

The Hallalujah Chorus of the Messiah. The King of England is standing up right now he is so moved by Handel's creation.

Oh, heck, I'll stand up too, so I can appreciate it!

King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, and he shall reign forever and forever.

Forever, King of Kings, Forever,

Halla...lu...yah!!!

As a teenager in Shaker Heights, I had the Eugene Ormandy version of The Messiah.



Wiki - Ormandy was born Jenő Ormándy-Blau in Budapest, Austria-Hungary, the son of Jewish parents Rosalie and Benjamin Blau, a dentist who was also an amateur violinist.

On my agenda for today is to write a poem about the Abington Nail Salon and my new lavender nails.

My hand is against the Starbucks apron I wear when I knead.

Darn! The bread is still too cold to knead. That means I've gotta work on my new poem now.

My cinquin poem was published on a Toronto blog.

It concerns BLUE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS that used to appear on Kirk Road in Northeast Philadelphia, just beyond the Huntingdon Valley border.

My sister Donna found them.

Sadly, the lights are gone.

A cinquin, as taught to me by poet Lynn Levin, has the following syllables
2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 2

Blue lights
framed the house we
saw from afar. Drove like
we were on camels coming to
The Inn.

1 comment:

  1. You submitted your christ poem - a knock on the door - to mad swirl. they published it on 2-20-15 on FB. read my post about it
    http://ruthzdeming.blogspot.com/2014/12/christmas-birthday.html.... congrats little ruthie!!!

    ReplyDelete