Sunday, October 12, 2014

Parks Ahoy! First, Lorimer.... Then, Pennypack Trust - Hello David and Godly


Scott and I biked on this Rails to Trails at Lorimer Park in Abington Township, PA. 

On a glorious sunny day like today, one yearns to be outdoors in the sunlight and listening to all the sounds of nature.

 
We spoke to Ranger Fred about my having a BBQ party on the grounds of Lorimer. It would be a farewell party since I'm leaving on Nov. 6 for an 11-day bus trip, courtesy of Senior Tours. In addition to seeing New Orleans, we'll take a river boat cruise up the Mississippi River.

This morning on The New Yorker online I listened to a fascinating video interview with Edward Snowden, the National Security Administration analyst who was appalled by our government spying and decided to do something about it.

Interview via Skype was to highlight a new movie about Snowden. 



Snowden was reunited in Moskow with his girlfriend. He's a man of great integrity and knowledge. "What don't I miss about America," he said.
 Scott n I bought lunch at the Willow Grove Giant and schlepped it over to Pennypack. I had a salad, potato salad and canned Mandarin oranges and watermelon for dessert.

Delicious!

 I wear my hat so the sun won't beat down into mine eyes.
David lives in Huntingdon Valley on Pine Road and Godly lives on Adams Avenue and The Boulevard. That's near the old Sears Building.

  It's now a Home Depot.

  I told Godly that I have a friend from childhood I found on Facebook whose name is Manly.... Manly Simms.

We were both piano students of Mrs Ann Kultti. Neither Manly nor Ruthie play piano now, though my typing utilizes similar digital dexterity.

Roll the photos, Spielberg


 Here's Tony's Tree, which we always visit.
 It's growing nicely and the leaves are changing colors.



 Josh and his GF were picking those golfball-sized black walnuts and persimmons, that boink down from the trees every 30 seconds or so.

 Showed David and Godly where the director David Robertson lives with his wife Mary.

David will speak at my support group in November.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna do a little reading outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment