Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Greenwold Sisters Reunite! - Book Club discusses Life of Pi - Valenza Christmas Lights

 Lynn flew home from Bonita Springs, Florida, leaving her Scott behind. My Scott went back to work today for the first time in almost four weeks since he injured his back again by doing situps. He went to Nova Care, worked out there, and did the exercises at home.

Lynn is quite the walker, walking near the beach in the land of Florida.
 Amy flew in from Eugene, OR, leaving her husband Rich at home. Amy's daughter Natalie is getting married on August 31 - my daughter Sarah will officiate at the wedding - and many of us will attend.
 Donna hosted us and is a wonderful cook. I had seconds of everything. And now I'm munching on peanuts and pretzels.

Joel Fuhrman talks about G-Bombs, a mnemonic device for the most nutrient-rich foods. Can you name them?

Greens, Beans (legumes), Onions, Mushrooms, Berries and Seeds. 
Bought this shirt is Paris. It's got darling elbow patches for when I sit and think at the computer.
The yams were scrumptious, as was the spinach with garlic. Donna said the best kind of spinach is Giant's frozen. I will definitely buy it. The salad included toasted sunflower seeds and asparagus.

Note all the G-Bombs we ate.
Fuhrman said the worst foods to eat are:
Ten Worst Foods include Sausage, Doughnuts, Butter, White Flour and White Sugar. So, who's perfect?
 I drove Lynn and Amy to the Valenza House, corner of Terwood and Brendan Circle, to view the Lights.
Do we have to get out of the car? Amy asked.

Yes you do, Amy.

It was 53 degrees as we walked along the grass and oohed and ahhed at The Lights. Grownups came without any children, like the three of us. Dan, I wrote on FB, you've gotta take your kids here.


Hard to get used to the fact that I have grandchildren. Seriously.

Music blared from hidden speakers. I was hoping the Valenzas would step outside so we could hoist them up on our shoulders and sing For He's a Jolly Good Fellow, For She's a Jolly Good Fellow.

Tony Valenza is the brother of Sam Valenza, an Upper Moreland Township Commissioner.
We were laffing at the signs that said THIS IS NOT A TOY. PLEASE DON'T RIDE. THANK YOU.
FOR YOUR SAFETY, PLEASE STAY OFF THE GRASS. You can just see some dunderheads having their kids sit on Santa's lap.
How about the ferris wheel? We all loved it.

And, I must say, Amy was impressed.
Last year, the Valenzas misspelled their name on the sign, having wrin Valenza's. My father would've gone thru the roof! He's 92 today but we haven't seen him since he was 59. That's 33 long years.

You know how I figgered out the math? I put it into google: 92 minus 59 without even leaving the page.

OMG, I'm so frigging tired. Let's see what's on TV tonite. Deepock Chopra. I'll pass.
Nancy, these photos are for you since you don't get around much anymore!
Music constantly played - Felice Navidad, The Twelve Days of Xmas, all done in a swinging modern way. Amy was dancing!
We loved the Ferris wheel with Santa's helpers taking a ride.
I don't have to comment on every single one, do I?
Oh no! Santa's stuck in an igloo. I better send this to Bill Hess on FB.

Done!

M and M on left. One of Fuhrman's Superfoods.
Oh, here's the Belle's house when she got home.
Goodbye First Black President of South Africa.
Mandela was a truly great man.

Nice turnout at our Upper Moreland Library Book Club. I finished the book half an hour before starting time.

Very enjoyable but I skimmed over huge quantities of technical details such as how he built his raft.

I was concerned that I wouldn't have anything to say in the group. Things I mentioned was how gory the book was, how tremendously well-written, and how the author filled us with empathy for Pi's plight....223 days adrift in the Pacific with a Bengal Tiger he named Richard Parker.

Did you know Richard Parker lives with me?
He and Ethan got along just fine.






1 comment:

  1. I envy your get-togethers with your sisters. The nearest I have to duplicate that sort of experience is with some of my cousins. How nice that you have had this opportunity to get together.

    I can't imagine you not having anything to say, such as at your Book Club. You always have something interesting to say, and always have.

    Happy Birthday to Harold, May He Rest in Peace!

    ReplyDelete