Thursday, December 19, 2013

Shelly Quigley stars at our New Directions meeting - Foreign exhange student - My story is accepted

Wielding a mean guitar and helped by her husband Bill Quigley, a psych nurse at Brooke Glen, Shelly led us in Christmas carols and a few Chanukah songs.

What a great way to start our meeting. We barely had any people but we talked until 9:45 and then walked out into the moon-filled night.

I'm going to host a 17-yo young man from China in my home for 9 days. The stork is delivering him this Sunday at noon.

I answered an ad in Patch.com, which is going out of business. 

Green Planet Homestay sponsors these home visits, not to be confused, we hope, with home invasions. 

This morning I heard from an excellent online lit journal, whose name I can't remember, and was positive they rejected my story THE PSYCHIC, loosely based, very loosely, on a former BF. Altho the BF has been dead a long time - he dumped me about five yrs before he died - his website is still up.

I printed out a copy of one of his creations .... the below is NOT one of his sculptures

and used it to motivate me and to describe the details of his artistry. I had to make up quotes from the cover story the NY Times did about him. 

Worked really hard on the story - took about four days - and then, heart in hand, mailed it in.

Thank you, Buddha, for my success.

Today I was gonna go off FB. Reason was cuz no one read my latest Intelligencer article. 

Then I got cold feet and told my son Dan not to close the account.

"I wasn't going to, Mom," he said. He knows his muddah.

And, now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going straight to


No comments:

Post a Comment