Tuesday, December 14, 2010

More Party Photos

Sarah Lynn Deming, my wonderful daughter. Her website is here. She's married to pianist Ethan Iverson of The Bad Plus jazz trio. He called to say hello from Denver where the band was playing and giving a jazz workshop for high school kids.




Even though my party was two days ago, we're still talking about it. One reason is b/c I passed out the Compass mag and I'm getting superb reviews for it. Ada helped tremendousouly in the News Roundup section where we talked about current mental health news. Ada condensed them and I wrote catchy headlines such as "Take a pill to forget your wife just died."

Though the shebang ended officially at 6 pm, a few people stayed an hour or more. Here's Sarah in her party dress, the same one she wore when she officiated my niece Melissa's wedding in Long Island. Coincidentally, I'm wearing my purple velvet that I wore when I was the "funeral orator" at Wetzel and Sons in Philly. Are these places ever called Wetzel and Daughters?

As you can see, we eat very healthy foods in this family. Highlights include: babaghanoush (sounds like a children's book but it's eggplant dip) - tahini (made from sesame seeds), green salad w/marinated flank steak for you grrr-carnivores out there).

Lindt chocolate squares are in the bowls on the right and a selection of lovely cheeses are below, including a smoky goat that was superb. Scott's parents bought hoagies on the right below.

My Xmas decorations are reflected in the curio cabinet which holds my tiny clay sculptures. This is the first year ever I've had Xmas ornaments. Holy Cow! Is that mom's green jello mold on the left?

Scott in his argyle sweater. The baby wore argyle socks that came up to her thighs. Hmm, what are those style socks called Nicole?




Here's Scott and his folks. Everyone thinks Scott and his dad Dave look alike. His folks are super-nice, great people!

A couple years ago I let my hair go au naturel, aka, all white. Scott's mom Natalie sent me a photo she took of me and Scott. "What was I thinking?" I said to myself. "I look old enough to be his mother."

I went back to the beauty shop and am sticking to my beautiful fake hair color.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness... Sarah is one beautiful lady!

    If I were young and single I might fall in love... but I'm not so I won't... well, maybe, just a little bit...

    Nice party. I must read this Compass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bill, we're all trying to think, Where did sarah come from? she was the hit of the ball! i'll send you a compass shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, leg warmers, leg warmers. thanks.

    ReplyDelete