Sunday, August 29, 2010

This girl has a strategy for everything including

reading scary novels.

Pure and simple, it's a terrific book. I cart it along wherever I go. While reading it this afternoon, here's the strategy about reading a scary book where horrific things happen. The villain is Norman Daniels, a cop who likes nothing better than killing people. He likes seeing them suffer. He does terrible things to them.

When I read a book, I never look at page numbers. I have no idea how many pages are in the book. I'm seven-eighths finished.

I try to get quickly off the page where Norman does horrible things to people. You read it once and never again. He uses foul language. He's a racist and hates everyone. He particularly hates women like his wife in the title whom he beat within an inch of her life for 14 years until she 'woke up' and realized she could run away.

Natch, Norman is after her. I highly recommend this book. Am proud to say I read it when I'm home alone at night. Usually keep some music going to keep me in the pleasure zone while I read this fantastic horrible story.

No comments:

Post a Comment