Thursday, August 5, 2010

My house gets a 'heat treatment'

Terry and Tony were here for 4 hours weatherizing my house. I looked at their work order and saw all the items Cadcom has authorized them to do. But here's some notes I took after asking Terry what he'd done:

- Air sealed the crawl space, and anywhere there's pipes, wires and ducts. To do this, they used expanding foam. I was busy on the computer so I didn't see what they were doing.

- Caulked the windows and weatherstripped the doors, among other things.

My mom will be happy to learn of all these improvements. She's an expert on houses having lived in many of them while married to my late father. We lived in Camp Lejeune, NC; Cleveland Heights; Shaker Heights; Englewood Cliffs, NJ; and now Huntingdon Valley, PA.

Sometimes I have a deja-vu moment and think I'm living w/mom in Huntingdon Valley. Our houses are similar. What's that about?

I just went on the Kidney Foundation website and left a question for the doctor, a Doctor Spry. Here's what I asked:

- How common is it to lose kidney function due to taking lithium?

- Am I actually postponing the inevitable (transplant or dialysis) by adhering to my strict diet (low sodium, phosphorus, protein, and potassium)?

My neff never mentioned eating healthy.

It's always unsettling to have strangers crawling in your crawl space. Hey! Sounds like a blues song, doesn't it? "My baby has strangers crawling in her crawl space."

So I sat on the couch and read while I was getting used to them being here. My current book is the autobiography of boxer Jack Dempsey. Interesting. While talking to my own little amateur boxer, daughter Sarah, we found Dempsey on YouTube, so I watched him prance across the ring. He was short, but he was very fast and invented a lot of good techniques like the one I use when Scott's about to hit me: tuck my chin down & hold my right hand over my face. I've succeeded in several KO's to my man.

I actually fell asleep while reading Dempsey and was jolted awake by a knock on the door. My new grasscutter, neighbor Bill, who did the best job anyone's ever done. He complained at the end about how hard he worked, and how it took him longer than expected. But I paid him top dollar and I wasn't gonna tip him. Like the local kids selling lemonade, he doesn't take credit cards.

Mailman Tom. Not surprisingly, I have a nice relationship w/Tom, He's got an 11-year-old son. One day Tom came around and he was limping something terrible. It was his knee. He Ace-bandaged it and limped around a day or two and then fortunately had a bunch of days off to rest the knee. Now he's fine.

Yum! This is some outstanding peach I've just bit into. Rent the movie Food Inc and take action like I did signing petitions that we want to know where our food comes from, we want the FDA and the USDA to take action against companies violating safety standards.

Oh, god, she always goes off into politix. Now I'm trying to convince Scott to read the New Yorker online due to its outstanding progressive political stories. He's rrrrigid, so it takes him a while to change.

I'd like to end this post w/something incredibly profound or interesting.

Wake me up if you think of anything.

Oh. You think YOU have problems! A local psychiatrist writes how she copes with Cushings disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment