Friday, August 20, 2010

Good yontif, Grace Catherine!



I'm sitting here laffing. Good yontif. Yiddish for 'good evening.'

My first grandchild was born at 6:31 pm on Sunday, August 15. Sarah and I were in the maternity waiting room of Holy Redeemer, having arrived around 5. Sarah and I were finishing up our Pew Grant on her laptop. What a great job she did. One of her PhD grantgetting friends helped out. Thank you Lisa!

The clock ticked on. We finished the grant. I did a little pacing. And peering. Okay, Sarah, I said as I sat down, let's watch that video now. She'd brought Arrested Development to pass the time. Dan will surely come out as soon as we start the video.

Sure enuf, a prancing Dan Deming came high-stepping into the waiting room with a huge smile on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment