Friday, December 25, 2009

My email to the Pope

I titled my email Christmas Request to Holy Father Pope Benedict XII: (be sure to read His comment at the end)

Today, Holy Father, is Christmas Day here in America and all across the world.

I was born on Christmas Day in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, where my father, born in 1921, was serving in the Marine Corps to help destroy the Nazis who wished to rule the world. You well know their horror since you were forced to become a member of the Hitler Youth and your own beloved cousin with Down syndrome was forcibly sent to a death camp for extermination.

Six million of my people were also exterminated for the crime of being Jewish. This includes dozens of my family members residing in our homeland of Hungary.

I ask you to please consider the requests of our Jewish leaders when you think about making Pope Pius XII a saint. Our leaders are wise beyond measure and deserve your highest consideration. We believe that Pius, with his enormous influence, did not do enough to save the Jews and other ethnic minorities and people with disabilities.

In the name of peace on earth for all humankind, I am,

Ruth Z. Deming
204 Cowbell Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090
USA
215 659 2142

1 comment:

  1. Posted by ANONYMOUS:

    Blessings upon you on this Holy Day, the birthday of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you on your thoughts of the proposed canonization of Pius XII, which I have forwarded to Cardinal Anselm, chair of the Hagiomancy and Supplice Committee.

    On a more personal note, I was intrigued by your life story and the coincidence of your sharing a birthday with the Savior. Hungary has produced many great souls, both Jew and gentile. In particular, I have always enjoyed the work of Bela Bartok. Also, I love goulash.

    There is a possibility - though very slight - that you may be the messiah.

    Can you send me a photo? Preferably a full-body shot. in a bikini if possible. Messiahs are generally identified by their midriff. I can't promise you anything but I will see what I can do to at least get you a monument in Budapest.

    Thank you for writing. It gets lonely being pope and it's nice to hear from a woman, even if she is a Jew.

    Infallibly yours,
    Pope Ratzinger

    ReplyDelete