Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Night - Trip to Walmart for Pants for my NOLA Vaca

First, it's Halloween morning. For my daily salad, I went out in my garden and growing in the wheelbarrow garden were the above green scallions.

All you do is plant the roots - the white roots - from the bought scallions.

Next photo please!

I
After lunch drove over to the Jacksonville Road WALMART to buy pants. Tried on 8 pair and bought 3.

Also bot Dr Scholl black sneaks with the gel pads on the bottom which I'm testing out right now, this Halloween eve, for my trip to NOLA.

Can't believe that at 8:30 pm, the tricker treaters have ceased - ah! Tucker, from down the street is back.

I told him to return and I'd give him THE REMAINING CANDY AND PRETZELS.

Before I handed over the candy, I said, Wait a minute. I think I'll take one.

"That's okay, Miss Ruth," he said. Tucker is home-schooled and very polite.

I'll tell ya. There ain't nothing better than a Hershey's. Milton Hershey was a prince of a man. I never buy Nestle products bc the company introduced infant formula to third-world countries encouraging women to stop breast-feeding.

My pet tiger, Richard Parker, greeted the guests on the front porch.

I put Tucker's candy in a gray Walmart bag and he carried the Herr's clear plastic container home to the rousing cheers of the folks in the Upper Moreland H.S. Football Stadium we can hear over on Cowbell.

As he left, I heard him yell, Hey Patrick! I got the pretzels.

Oh, how I wanted to eat one but exhibited that rare quality - will power.

On my FB page, I had wrin about a tea they ordered for me at Nature's Harvest. So my friend from CT, Iris Arenson-Fuller, mailed me a shoebox full of tea!!!

I selected the Twinings Chai Apple Spice, and sipped on it, here at my couch desk, while awaiting the treaters.

During the Treating Hours, I finished reading a NY Times mag story on an American who found himself captured by a group of nihilists - terrorists - in Syria. Read it here if you wish.  

The comments are always interesting to read.

The Times has a great influence on me. They just published an article about a new film by Christopher Nolan and amazingly one of his films appears on Netflix.

It got great reviews. Please don't interrupt me as I watch

No comments:

Post a Comment