Monday, December 9, 2013

Eve of snowstorm or as we say in Yiddish "Erev Schnowshtorm"

So what did y'all do all day today? Can't rightly remember what I did until 4:10 pm after waking up from a nap where I woke myself up b/c I was driving and crashing into a car. No I do not believe in prophecies, what goes around comes around or karma.

My blog post about The Valenza House and Amy comes to town has a record 205 hits. Why dat? Send your reply to RuthDeming at Comcast.net and I'll invite you over for a one-course dinner. For real!

Picked up my sister Amy at Donna's house - honk! honk! - she was out in the flash, very conscientious, they are the most long-lived according to Dr Sarah Hampson's study - they're colleagues in Oregon - and off we went to the Demings for dinner.

Nicole made her fabulous baked ziti. Grace piled her plate high with it and sprinkled it with Parm Cheese.

I didn't see her take a single bite but Max was lopping his up, then spitting out the noodles onto his tray, then popping em back in again.


8-month-old Max crawls everywhere and pulls himself up. What a darling!

And Grace was in fine form. What a chatterbox! We talked about living in her old house. "I haven't seen that place in years!" she said. She got years confused with months. Adorable.

Is there a little boy in the playroom?


This dude is always in a good mood. Sort of like Bubby.
Dropped Amy off at Gram's, stopped in a moment and then drove off in a cloud of dust.

Went straight to the library for our projected Snow Day the morrow.


Where should I begin?

I think I'll look up some recipes in Mark Hyman's book.This Ultra-Wellness Doc recently met with Hillary to devise a healthy diet before her 2016 prez campaign. He had helped Bill after his heart problems. Read about it in this NY Post article. 

TIP on remembering how many L's in Hillary. How many Clintons are there?

Then I'll lie on the couch and watch the Bill Cunningham movie. He's one of the Times fashion critics - "mahvelous, just mahvelous" - born in 1929, who rides his bike around town, photographing only the best in fashion. Wonder if he falls off the bike like Bubby does.

No comments:

Post a Comment