Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Operator, please!

These are the words I say when I call my Credit Card Company, whom I LOVE, when they ask for prompts.

Operator, please! Operator, please!

What? I'm gonna waste my time punching in my credit card number - 2356 6309 1936 2209 - into the phone?

At my advanced age I'm very careful how I spend my time.

Oh, listen to this. I possibly found a place to hold our Coffeeshop Gigs since Le Coffee Salon in Hatboro closed down. Was driving to my bank in Horsham - don't forget my password is Daylily - and passed Gerard's Cafe. Stopped in and met the maestro himself. Good-looking man with an accent and a white apron. Raised in Switzerland. Has an Italian and a French parent. Studied under masters.

He was so busy, he said, he didn't have time to talk to me. I asked if I could come back into the kitchen and talk there but he said No, I might be a spy from another restaurant.

I told him I understood - what a shock it was - what could a spy possibly learn from him?

His cafe was very small. I said we need to seat 40 people. He said he could possibly bring in some chairs but then he excused himself, dusting off his hands on the apron. The aroma from the kitchen was exquisite. Even when I went back into my car I could smell the butter and the flaky pastries made by Gerard.

No comments:

Post a Comment