Thursday, January 5, 2023

6-month eye checkup with Dr George - 8 minute conversation

 Scott and I drove through Hatboro to the ophlomologist Eric George, MD for a checkup on my eye pressure as I am a glaucoma suspect.

The place was as busy as a beehive. Older people on the stairway coming up to the office. Last time I was there I remember hot coffee brewing. 

Dr George read the results to aide Chris. I could not wait to see him. First I couldn't remember what he looked like. He wore a long white coat and mask.

My eyes focused on a machine and I was told HOLD IT, do not blink.

He had a very pleasant smell. 

My mind was quite busy. How much would a machine like this cost? $65,000 or more? Of course several of the doctors share it. 

He could see that I had dry eyes and suggested I use eye drops and gave me the names of three of em which are available over the counter.

In fact, when I got to Scott's several hours later I found my previous eye drops called REFRESH and put em in both eyes.

My eyes felt terrible and my nose got stuffed up.

Forget em!

The NY Times has a relationship column and suggested we talk for 8 straight minutes with our partner. On Scott's bed we went under the covers and talked for, oh, about an hour and a half until the PBS Nightly News came on.

Where dyou think Judy Woodruff is, we wondered. 

Amna Navaz and Geoff Bennett sat in her place.

All day long I've wanted to read a Nelson DeMille book. I returned every other book to the library, dropping it into the outside book deposit.

Ever been sick of reading?

Yep, that's me.

There was also a book by Anne Cleeves who wrote the stories that Vera Stanhope is based on. Thud, into the bin she went. I am not a big fan of the program.

Okay, Scott will be here to tuck me in - in 17 minutes.

Gotta brush my teeth, so we will talk the morrow.

BTW, I am using the notebook Ekaterina gave me. I call it My Diary. It is a comfort to me. I used the red one much of my life. See below. Dyou think I bought it at Barnes and Noble? 





No comments:

Post a Comment