Monday, May 22, 2017

Welcome to PA, Nana Fran Sandler

I'm talking on the phone now to my new friend Anna, who hails from the Manchurian section of China. Anna is a splendid chef. She makes all sorts of food, not only Asian.

My guys love my sloppy joes, she says. It's different every time. One pound ground beef. Seasonings are a bit of chili powder, a little sugar, one tsp cooking sherry, and spaghetti sauce. Serve over potato buns.

She is most famous for cooking her Teriyaki Salmon. I'm sure Scott, my BF, would love it!

I told Anna our family has Chinese eyes, namely Jade, my daughter Sarah, and of course my late Uncle Marvin.

Really wish I could see the irrepressible Fran! What a sparkling personality she has.

Look at that adorable Kaia Rose Greene.

Still raining here in Willow Grove. Went for an early morning walk when it was just drizzling.

Wrote this Facebook poem of the day

REJECTED

Walking around the block
the only time I was in
"the here and now" was
when I looked at the sign
Children at Play
and noticed it was
striated, like a muscle

My muscles ached as I
pumped my muscles up Greyhorse
it's only for four minutes, I said,
as bad as being under ice water for
four minutes awaiting help
or having a wisdom tooth
pulled without anesthesia
or helping Mom throw
out her complicated papers
of no use to her now,
promising to shred them
when I got home.

The allegedly worst short
story I've ever written
was rejected. I polished
it up a bit, o you enfant
terrible, it was so bad,
it made no goddam sense.

And mailed it to another lit mag.
The score on the other lit mag was
one to two, one accepted,
two rejected, the umpire
wearing black in those
huge padded suits

Can you hear the TV
in the other room?
The Decades channel
is marathoning
Mission: Impossible.

I shall help Peter Graves
solve the impossible problems
when I return, clad in shorts
and T-shirt, with my Continental
Breakfast in bed.

***
Reading any good books?

I'm plugging along in the new
Jack Reacher book. I've given
up the June selection for our
Upper Moreland Book Club,
the first meeting w/o Adam,
who's moved on to another library.

Should I go, if I didn't like the book?
Ponder that, my friends, ponder that!

No comments:

Post a Comment