Sunday, February 17, 2013

Whatta Day! Grace - Pennypack - Movies - and now YOU!

Oh no! Where did Grace go?

Hint: She's hiding in the closet in The Quiet Room, Sarah's old bedroom.

Grace moves so fast it's hard to get a good shot of her. Wherever she went in the house, she ran!

If she can sit on these cushions, why can't she sit on the potty?

Hey, I'm not the shortest one around, says Bubby.

"There's Xena," said Grace.

This photo of Dan's deceased cat is on my hall closet door.

"Where's Xena?" asked Grace.

"Oh," I said. "She passed away. She died."

"What does die mean?" asked Grace.

I paused a minute. "She's no longer here."

By then, she had lost interest and was off and running. Running around the house, getting into everything.

"Look, a pine cone," she said, bringing it to me from the living room. You guessed it! I have a huge pine tree growing thru the ceiling. Call me Frank Lloyd Wrong.

Meantime, Dan and Scott were in the backyard sawing three downed trees that had fallen across the path in the back, making it a bit difficult to walk to the train station or to the high school.

The walkers will be pleasantly surprised - as will the deer - when they walk through.



Grace recognized her hirsute Daddy - who she calls Dan - and also Xena - in this photo I have in the hallway.

Couldn't wait for Dan and Scott to check out my new ceramic knife I bot at the Giant Supermarket. Will other knives become obsolete?

How many times can a kid climb up n down the stairs?

When Dan n Grace came over - Nicole was at work - I was eating my breakfast, finishing off with 6 whole-grain pretzels as my carb, per my nutritionist.

Grace asked for a pretzel. I remembered that her parents taught her to say please.

Sure I'll give you a pretzel, I said. What dyou say?

She quickly looked down at her coat and said "See the polka-dots?"

No way was this stubbornist gonna say please.

I gave it to her anyway.

Help me, she said. I can't open the bag.

Sure you can, I said, removing the close-pin that keeps it shut - say close-pin, Grace - and I showed her how it worked.

Then I insisted she she extract a pretzel from the bag, which she thot she could not.

Bundling up b/c of the fierce winds, Scott and I hied on over to Pennypack Trust. Up and down the hills we went.

I was so proud of myself for braving the cold and the hills.

We appreciated the new wood chips that were laid down over the mushy mud.

We were so fortunate to meet Mr and Mrs Pennypack - David and Mary Robertson - who had just come back from a walk of their own.

Lorimer Park. We've been there numerous times.

We asked David some questions such as what happens to the fish under the frozen pond?

The fish become torpid to conserve energy, like hibernation, and so they stay alive. They've never lost a fish to the cold, but did lose one to the heat. A form of algae grew on the pond so not enuf oxygen could get underneath.

My goodness! What stories.



This is why I don't go fishing. Can't stand to see fish die.

On the other hand, this is why I go to the movies at the Upper Moreland Library



And a lively discussion we had.

I was a tiny bit late, so after I sat in my seat, discussion leader Mauriccio passed me the bakery box and said one word:

Cannoli

And that is how we shall end the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment