Sunday, February 24, 2013

Great Walk at Lorimer Park in Abington Township - Photo of Home-made Pizza

Ranger George told me Lorimer is a county park. He also warned us about car burglers. They break the glass on your car window and help themselves to whatever they want.

If there's a sweatshirt inside, they assume it's covering over some booty.

We locked everything in the trunk.

We walked over a mile. Our destination was the place where we saw cows last time. George said the moo-cows were there earlier this morning and would probly return later.

I said that Pennypack Trust, where we usually walk, has helpful trail signs, but Lorimer has only a couple.

You won't get lost, said George. Everything circles back toward the parking lot.

Is there anything more beautiful than a creek? There were two geese over on the side who weren't too happy to see us.

Honk if you know why.

These folks are carrying Nordic Poles. 

I've been on a couple Wiki sites that say, "This entry is written like an advertisement."

C'mon, Wiki, lighten up. Everything is an advertisement, including this post about Lorimer Park.

Today there was an article in the Times about the importance of walking, esp. in winter when the light is dim. It helps combat seasonal effective d/o. Read about therapist Lynne Spevack leading walkers at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.

There were cadres of bikers going super-fast. As they passed by, they would thank us for moving aside, and warn us that more were coming along.

I had forgotten my beret, but I keep an extra one in the glove compartment, along with my handicap placard from congressman Tom Murt, and stolen napkins.

Beautiful in death. It crushed other trees when it fell. Read my poem Death of a Tree here.


Here's the pasture. We did see cows a time or two ago. In the book Out Stealing Horses by the Norwegian author Per Petterson, they call it a cow byre.

Isn't that a beautiful term?

Some leaves refuse to leave the mother tree.

Scott and I walked up n down really steep paths. A good cardio workout. Scott's going into work tomro morning at 4 am, before the trains are running. A mechanic for SEPTA, he'll learn about fixing the new cameras installed on trains and the el. B/c SEPTA always buys from the lowest bidder, they get sub-par equipment, which is true with not only the cameras but the trains as well.

You can't judge the depth of this cliff, but if you fall down it, you will definitely get hurt. It reminded me of the film Scott and I watched recently.



This 2001 Australian film is about an unfeeling cop, played by Anthony LaPaglia, who finally learns to get in touch with his feelings. He sees a therapist, played by Barbara Hershey, who, in the dark of night, falls to her death off a cliff.

Lantana is the name of a weed in Austrialia, but a beautiful flower I've grown in my garden.




Our shoes were muddy so we stomped em in a pile of snow. There's no snow in our neighborhood.

Here's the topping for tonite's pizza. I cut it into tiny pieces per Scott's instrux. After he sprinkles it on the whole-wheat crust from Giant, he smothers it with cheese so it doesn't fall off.



It was so beautiful outside today I was able to plant some tulip bulbs Linda Barrett gave me.

Per instux from my kidney doc, I've gotta wear gardening gloves b/c of all the microbes in the soil that could migrate into my body and harm my new kidney.

The tulips in the center were free from Kremp Florist. A coupon came to my door from a realtor. There's also a coupon for a dozen donuts from Weinrich Bakery.

My blood sugar has been great lately, so I'm flummoxed about what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment