Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy 40th Nicolita! Partying in Hatboro, PA

Here's the birthday girl dancing with childhood friend Sue Cornell to Ramble On, by Led Zeppelin. Leaves are falling all around, time for me to be on my way. WMGK, gotta remember that station.

If Nikki is 40, well, Jimmy Page co-writer of the song is 68!

Still lotsa life in us in our sexties!

Three-year-old Berlyn won my heart! Her mom works at the Doylestown Ooka restaurant which may explain her daughter's sophisticated gourmet palette. She loved my watermelon salad.

Got the recipe while I was pedaling on my stationery and watching the Katie Brown Cooking Show. My variation of Katie's salad is made with watermelon, blubberies, feta cheese, and fresh mint from my garden. The mint was super-strong and delicious!

Can't wait until it's time to eat again.

On the poiple paper plate we have Donna's Stuffed Peppers, Cauliflower, and what looks to be salad. OMG, I was eating the best cheese and learned it was s block of parmesan. Nice tang-tang!

I'm watching one of my fave TV shoes right now - Blue Bloods - cop show - terrific - we've got a hostage situation here - Danny is negotiating right now with a rogue cop who went south

What a family! Gun-toting Harvard grads.

We're quite a family too. Here's Quinn, whose mom is the birthday girl. He brot his notebook which I photographed cuz I thot it was pretty cool. His bro Paddy was out riding his bike.

There were crayons and markers and glitter paint for the kids among us.

Steve Roche, Nikki's husband, one of the MC's at the party.

Donna went upstairs to bed cuz she's gotta get up at dawn to go to work. She brewed me a strong few cups of Starbux Decaf.

The party was filled with truly beautiful women! Nikki holds little Anber, whose father Dylan is all of 22.

Here's childhood friend Laura who works at Abington Memorial Hospital. Our talk turned to the thwarted merger of AMH with Holy Redeemer Hospital. I was one of 4,000 people who signed a petition against the merge, which meant Catholic values would prevail at AMH.

Hope they fire CEO Larry Merlis. I've blogged about him before.

 Here's Dylan with his daughter Anber.

At this point I was ready to leave. Called Scott at 7:55 right before he walks to the train station to go to work. He never answers his phone. I wanted him to hear all the joyful noise at the party.


In walked more party-goers....childhood friend Maria with boyfriend Gary. I shook his hand and oh what a hand it was. Strong and callused, like Scott's.

I actually wrote a poem about Scott's hands.  Gary, a ReMax realtor, brot his lovely daughter, Jacqueline, with him. She helps in the office. I told him about the wonderful time I had when choosing my house on Cowbell Road, where I'm sitting now on my bed, watching the end of Blue Bloods.

It's a buyer's market now, said Gary. Anyone wanna buy the Norman Fisher house I wrote about yesterday? I did call the realtor and a sealed bid will determine who gets the house. Asking price is 600K.

As soon as I got home from the party I hopped on my bike to lower my blood sugar. So how come I'm hongry again?

1 comment: