Friday, July 6, 2012

Bye-bye Couches, Hello Emptiness

Here's Brandon after he and Lou triumphantly removed my two living room couches.

Lou inspected the mattress on this sofa to make sure it didn't have any wee-wee stains on it. I originally bought the couch at Impact Thrift several years ago.

Roomy back of the truck. Lou stored both sofas standing up - you can see the flowered couch in the back, which I bought at Holy Redeemer Thrift Shop on County Line Road.

Lou informed me that these couches were headed for the new Impact store in Southampton, where the old Value City was.

I told him to say hello to the new manager, Linda, and say I was a friend of Ellen, my sister.

Linda used to work at Holy Redeemer - this is tricky, but I know you can follow me - it's a great revenge story - and they didn't like Linda at Holy Redeemer. Mr. Shorday would nullify all her good ideas.

She finally quit or was fired and got this great job at the new Impact.

I gave the movers a nice tip. Brandon lives in the Nicetown section of Philly which is so bad, he said, he doesn't let his kids go out to play. His wife goes to school.

This reminds me of the cold-blooded murder of one of Sarah's young boxers. His funeral was today and she made this catharctic cake, complete w boxing gloves.

Tray Franklin was only 20 years old. According to the Daily News, he and two friends were in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn playing craps against the wall when some young punks came up to them.

“A few guys they didn’t know defiantly strutted right through their dice game,” Russo says. “Tray said, ‘Yo, wassup with that?’ ”

One of the young intruders pulled a gun and opened fire. All three dice players were hit.

Two survived.

Tray Franklin would never again climb into a ring, kiss his mom goodnight or attend another college class.

Pat Russo, a retired narcotics detective trained Franklin in a vital program called Cops and Kids Boxing.

This is why Brandon is trying to move his family out of his bad neighborhood.

Count your blessings, my 7 readers!
 Scott in centerfold pose on my new red couch.

This may be hard to believe but these are the first NEW living room couches I've ever bought!

I refuse to eat on them. When you pay good money for something, you respect and love them.


For lunch, delicious sockeye salmon w sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers, Ada's fresh basil sprinkled on top, and delicious baked beans in a real glass jar.

Okay, time to drive Scott and then off to Kidney MemoirLand.



No comments:

Post a Comment