Saturday, May 5, 2012

NAMI WALK n TALK

Judy and I drove down together. Nothing like driving w/someone when you're impossibly lost and are circling around Montgomery County Community College which is hidden from view and so is the sign.

That's Tracey on the right. She and fiancee Mark live close by.

As Judy and I drove we listened to my new audio tape, "Hide," a crime fiction book by Lisa Gardner. Never heard of it either but the car is a safe place to listen. At home, I'd be checking to make sure all my doors are still locked.

And now I have a new door to worry about in my kitchen. Two nites in a row I forgot to lock it.

What better opportunity to wear my "Ask Me Why I Have Three Kidneys Shirt?"

Bob, our team captain, walked w/ Sandy.

In toto, Dorothy, we had NINE MEMBERS.

Since we were so late we didn't meet up with TEAM NEW DIRECTIONS until the end of the walk.

Imagine my surprise when I saw:

Maisie held by FILL IN THE BLANK. Paul Anka's most famous song.

With the new Blogger system, I don't know how to erase a foto, so we've got Diana twice.



This young gent is studying to be a counselor. He's taking advantage of some of the delicious snack food and fruit available for the walkers. I personally thought there were a lot of people. I saw so many people I knew such as Dave Mauermann, no. two guy at Horsham Clink.


I also met the CEO of Horsham Phyllis someone. Sev'l people from Team New Directions were hospitalized there, including a professor, a dance therapist and a project manager for a corporation.


Lovely in Blue is Professor Ellen Rosenberg-Caserta.

Afterward we went out for lunch at the art-deco styled Ray's Diner in Norristown.

Everyone had pancakes. I wanted to ask Tracey for a bite of her bananana-nut cakes but I was so busy gobbling down my shrimp salad that the waitress Noelle took her syrup-soaked plate away.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day for a good cause.
    I am about to go make deviled eggs but will catch up on your blog some more today.

    ReplyDelete