Friday, May 15, 2009

Under the Influence

Ever been under the influence? We can be under the influence of lots of things. Right now, I'm under the influence of the beauty of the spring. I'd live under the tree in the front yard if I could. I like to watch the people pass by. When I read a good book, I'm under its influence. I asked Bob Gordon, author of I Love You Madly if he could send me a review copy and it arrived a couple days ago in a zip-pak.

The book was so good I thought I was in therapy with Bob Gordon. Don't tell him that or he'll think I have a weak ego. Here's my Amazon review of his book. Apparently I've written 61 reviews. We have to question the Ego Strength of a woman who would spend so much time doing something so very few people would notice, esp. since she's a big show-off.

I'll ask my therapist-friend Russell Eisenman about this?

Russ?

2 comments:

  1. I have given some thought about spending considerable time writing that relatively few see. I concluded that few creative efforts have broad exposure. It does not stop the painter or ceramicist or poet from creating. Most of us at some level may desire notoriety but for the vast, vast majority the satisfaction of creation is sufficient reward.

    Stephen Weinstein
    stephenviewsthenews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, stephen! oftentimes we writers need someone like you to kick some sense into us. i did realize that i would continue writing just as the birds continue to sing and the breeze continues to blow. they're all the 'notoriety'i need. btw, i enjoyed your most recent blog, as long as there is life, we never run out of ideas, n'est-ce pas?

    ReplyDelete