Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Directions to the Lower Moreland (PA) Community Room

I was just there today so I know it exists. It's hard to find but not impossible. Leave EARLY for our Seminar on Saturday, June 6, from 1 to 3 pm in case you get lost. Accept it as a challenge. I get lost everywhere I go. I don't think twice about it. I expect to get lost so there's no stress involved.

Okay. We're cruising along in our car. We notice all the incredible beauty of the long-awaited spring. I go mad for the dogwoods and the cherry trees and the lilacs in the dooryard blooming. We've got some good music on the radio to enhance our pleasure of being alive and in the world at this exact moment.

We're heading toward the HUNTINGDON VALLEY LIBRARY. It has two driveways. I take the first driveway in case I start dreaming and miss the second one. The name of the library is clearly spelled out on the building. Art deco.

Now we're gonna drive clear around the building to end up in the back of the library. There's a huge parking lot. We're looking for the door on the EXTREME LEFT as you face the building. We'll have signs posted (god willing we remember).

Enter the 2 doors that let you in the building (an outside door and an inside one. This township has money so they're gonna protect us from the cold, or the heat). After entering, make a right.

To get to the Community Room on the second floor, you can either take the alleviator or you can walk.

We start at 1 pm sharp. Tony Salvatore will go on first since he's gotta get back to work by late afternoon. Then Pam London-Barrett will discuss medications. Myself and some members of New Directions will discuss how to best help a suicidal person. You ask them How can I be of help and then follow their lead.

I'm hoping to host a very special guest and am awaiting his reply. He's a suicide survivor and his story will knock your socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment