Friday, May 11, 2012

How's this for a dream?




Sometimes you've just got to write down your dreams, here or abroad.

I have been newly hired at the Intelligencer/Record, the bustling newsroom on Easton Road in Horsham, PA, where I used to work.

It no longer bustles.

Lou Sessinger, my former boss, sits over in a corner, typing on a manual typewriter. I hear him pushing the carriage return.

I am sitting at a desk, next to a shadowy woman  - there are other shadowy figures coming and going - when I look up and announce in an amazed voice "I don't have a thing to do!"

Sessinger shrugs his shoulders. People come and go and soon it becomes clear that they have nothing to do either.

You see, the Record, a subsidiary of the Intelligencer, is no longer printed.

I sit back in my chair and think. It's awfully hard finding a new job. Shall I work here and just pretend to work?

3 comments:

  1. A dream to preserve that which is lost and cannot be preserved - save in dreams and stories - poems, even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and bill, you were right! the mysterious plant IS marijuana! but i never inhale.

    ReplyDelete