Monday, July 16, 2018

Swimming at Ada and Rich's

Wrote this poem about swimming for Facebook.

I used to attend lectures at Abington Library, which they still have. Richard Tyre, an expert on Robert Frost, would give lectures. Somehow I learned of the suspected murder of his daughter.

Read about it here. Her name was Shelley Tyre.

SWIMMING LAPS

The breaststroke's my favorite
You can see where you're going

Then Ada told me to do the elementary backstroke
I flipped on my back and felt at peace with the world

As I looked up at the sky a silver shiny plane
flew by, with all them people aboard

Where to? Your choice of a window seat
or an aisle seat.

Do the back crawl, suggested Rich.
My arms, unaccustomed, loved the feel

Water splashed in my face
and I giggled.

Swimming! The best the world
has to offer. Forever and beyond.

***

Image result for sour orange pie  Our dinner consisted of a big fat hot dog on a toasted bun, slices of fresh veggies - peppers, etc. - Ada's fantastic carrot pudding (get recipe for Mom and Ellen) and Rich's Sour Orange Pie with a dollop of whipped cream on top.

You use a can of frozen orange juice. Remember when that's how we used to make orange juice?

I keep OJ in my fridge in case I go low.

***
Gonna ride my bike now to keep the Complications away. Yes, I have feelings in all 12 of my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment