Sunday, June 17, 2018

Help me Jesus - God (I pray every night and thank God I'm still alive)


HOLY JESUS

I'm downstairs in the coolest room of the house
when I hear my gardeners knock on the door.

I throw my book aside, tromp barefoot upstairs
and see my new visitors.
My reaction is fast, practiced, possibly unkind.

Two young men stand out there. One looks like
Alan Mumper back in third grade.

Fresh-faced, trusting, believing that goodness
prevails, I hold up my right hand, like giving
the Girl Scout Pledge.

Jesus? I exclaim.

Sorry, not interested.

Good luck. Have a nice day.

After I walk away from the door, I think, I should have invited them in.

Sat them down for some lemonade and Milano cookies, neither of which I have.

Let them talk about their Jesus. My guess is they're Jehovah's Witnesses, tho
they could be Mormons.

Of course it may take a while to get them out of my house. I'll make an excuse.
Really, a lie. Would Jesus condone lies?

Certainly not.

The last day I talked to the Witnesses was on September 11, 2011. They were right here
at my door.

They had no idea what had just happened. The start of a new epoch in these failing United States of America.

*

Image result for john p crevelingJohn P Creveling and his wife Christina Robertson.

In 2009 John was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. He had deep brain surgery which helped reduce his tremors.

He sent me his book, MORE THAN WHAT YOU SEE.

I emailed him my impressions of the book, which contain his photographs and paintings. The book is written entirely in verse!

Your illustrations, I wrote, remind me of the work of Marc Chagall and Arshile Gorky.

Image result for marc chagall

God only knows how I remembered the name of Gorky, a pseudonym.

Image result for arshile gorky

Gorky could not withstand the effects of the Armenian Genocide and took his own life.

*
Great music now on WXPN. "Julian Booker is my name."

He saw Paul Simon last night at the Wells Fargo Stadium.

*

My Facebook poem o the day is called GOD. Gonna write it right now.

Ahem! Blowing of nose. Eat breakfast of Philadelphia Cream Cheese with Chives and Onions... thanks for reaching it, ma'am, on the top shelf

Was just outside sprinking and thought of some more things to add. Don't wanna make it too long.

*
GOD

The Holocaust, of course
Armenian Genocide
Josef Stalin in moustache and military uniform, dies of natural causes unlike the coward Hitler

Pretzel rods by Snyder's of Hanover, PA
Sarah
Dan

Our peach tree weighed down with baby peaches
Peach Pie a la mode
Robin Franklin at "our" Giant

Colony collapse disorder
Six colorful bee houses on Huntingdon Road

Scott
Scott
Scott

The late Horace Silver on piano, playing Song for my Father
My five radios
Listening to audio book in kitchen while I eat or cook

The smell of rain
Quick, little worms,
go back underground
before you dry up
like a crust of bread
we fed to Hansel and Gretel

Vladimir Putin
Syria
Bashar Assad-hole

Happy Father's Day to myself (I was both mom n dad to Sarah and Dan)
and other dads who be the best they know how.



No comments:

Post a Comment