Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Goodbye Tom Petty Goodbye!


Image result for tom petty

WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART

Tribute to the late Tom Petty
1950 - 2017

Thousands of us are listening now
to WXPN where the DJ said
Let's heal together.

Were you there last July at the
Wells Fargo Stadium? I'll pretend
I was, as the sound of my tea kettle
goes off now.

My friend Pam and I got there late
and heard the music as we swung thru
the turnstyle. She wanted to eat
so I told her I'd meet her up
in our seats.

Never did see her again that night
as I stood the entire time watching
the man and his guitar. Right in the
middle of the stadium like George
Harrison and Ringo on fire.

The man was having a good time. And
so were we. All doing our own dances
up in the stands, as the light passed
over us like a thousand stars
in the sky.

Somewhere in my heart of hearts
Tom Petty will live there forever.
He and that guitar of his, every
single song - Sing it, Tom! -
Into the Great Wide Open.


Drinkin my tea now to the healing
sounds of....Ladies and Gentleman
presenting TOM PETTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment