Monday, February 23, 2015

Never taxing when I see my accountant

 Larry McGuffin, accountant. He lives in the Northeast and has a long drive to their new - since August - office in Warminster. The bldg where their old office was had been bought out by the l'lord so they had no choice but to move.

They did a great job making this former house, with a gas fireplace downstairs, look like a spiffy office. Heat was set on 66, I noticed.


 If you have two eyes and two hands, I suppose you need two computer screens.
Keisha, the new receptionist and do-all-gal, made me two cups of delicious Keurig Coffee. French vanilla. Sipped it on the way home.

Even tho I had excellent direx I couldn't find the exact location of the office and kept making U-turns until I got there, 10 minutes late.

Before I left, I made a salad for the next couple of days plus this delicious tomato vegetable soup. I now use a jar of spaghetti sauce. I added lentils and the other usual suspects. That term, I am reminded from Nick Breslin's film review in the next issue of The Compass, comes from the film "Casablanca."

Am performing an experiment.

Soaked this shirt in the tub for the hour or so I was at the accountant's office and am drying it on the front porch.

How will it dry in the 35 degree cold? Twas steaming hot when I put it there.

Ever heard of a blouse popsicle?

Frozen solid when Scott brought it inside.

The McGuffin saw my backpack with Grand Canyon of PA on it. You must go there, I told him. Of course, he's married now - find him, his wife, Leah, and their two kids Little Larry and Natalie on FB.

He told me that Carol, the secretary, is out now on disability. Chronic pain.

Larry and Leah went to the real Grand Canyon on their honeymoon.

He chartered a helicopter and flew over the canyon.

"I never felt such peace in my life," he said.
Image result for helicopter over grand canyon
Hey Larry, wait for me!!!

I sent him the link for my trip to the PA Grand Canyon. It was a bus trip that Scott and I took a couple yrs ago.



Larry and I talked about how freezing cold it is.

 That's why I made this delicious hot soup. Special ingredient is a handful of lentils.
I like eating it on my living room couch with my feet up.

Larry and I were schmoozing and he used the term "creature of habit."

Am looking to write another short story and am thinking of naming it "Creature of Habit."

Are you a COH?  Why? Why is it good, why is it not?
It's good I ride my stationery bike several times a day. That's why I was able to walk home from the Giant Supermarket on Saturday.

Hmmm, ya think I should make my bed and have a better photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment