Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What's for lunch, ma?



Sometimes I pretend I'm a normal person and can eat like anyone else.

You'd never know to look at today's lunch -- which I'll consume after this blog post -- the 'milk' is getting chilled with ice -- that my diet is severely restricted.



Note the pretend milk. It's Rice Milk. I used to love nothing more than a glass of milk with my meals. But now, no dairy foods are allowed on my Kidney-Healthy diet due to their phosphorus.

What's phosphorus?

Just discovered Rainier cherries. In the photo, they're paired with the watermelon. Rainier are actually reliably more delicious than the Bing. You and me can check their website together....ready? Click here.

My monkfish sandwich with sauteed onions and peppers is scrumptious. I hope I'm inspiring a friend of mine -- Hello there, Marce -- to begin cooking for herself. Marce, you may remember, was a character in my famous poem, Bach or Faure?

She was always a great help to me. She probly doesn't remember but in the early days of my psychosis she would come over and keep me company. I lived in terror when I'd get psychotic. We never forget our helpers on this long long journey called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment