Thursday, July 29, 2010

Obama's stimulus program comes to my street

Critics may say what they will about the stimulus program but today, right on time, Thomas of Cadcom, came out to audit my house for energy conservation. Here he is putting a sheath on my front door to seal off air and measure how much air is leaking into my house.

Not good. Insulation will be installed within a month and my home will be more energy efficient.

Thomas and I chatted while he used his amazing technology that measured all the air leaks in the house and the efficiency of my 3-yr-old furnace (only 85%). He told me something I never knew about windows. No matter how much you pay, they still do a lousy job of keeping the outside air out of your house. Windows, he said, are the most expensive thing to replace.

Update on the birdfeeder. This morning Mr. Cardinal discovered it. It was a thrill to see him fluttering about. I'll report my findings to Scott who should be awakening around now.

No comments:

Post a Comment