Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Nite in the Suburbs

Camera in hand I went to Dan and Nicole's tonite. The great photo I took of Nicole -- only 44 more days left -- failed to materialize so we'll content ourselves by looking at Grace Catherine's father. We sat on the couch watching my new favorite show -- Criminal Minds -- we watched two gorey fantastic episodes -- and at one point I put my arm around my baby blue-eyed boy, shown here in his daughter-to-be's colorful room.

Dan comforts the new cat after his overnite stay at the vet's for an unknown infection. The Little Fellow is quarantined in the basement in case he's contagious. Careful, Mom, said Dan, when I petted him, he's got his claws.

Something wonderful about these TV photos. Here we have the great Joe Montegna in Criminal Minds. His grand opus was as a con man in House of Games, co-written by my college friend Jonathan Katz. He and Mamet walked around the room trading dialog that turned into the movie.

The new Settlement Music School being built on Davisville Road in Willow Grove, PA. Don't you love the cerulean blue color? Buildings are too drab. Wish they would keep it this color.

Yes, more pictures of our trip to the Big Apple mysteriously surfaced in my shiny little silver box known as a camera. Here's Peggela of Peggie's Boutique in Langhorne, PA, sharing fashion tips with Alice, Fontaine and aunt Marie.

Here's Tracey at a table for 15 at Carmine's. Kathy, not shown on the right, brought her own bag of strawberries, perhaps a first at the restaurant. BYOS?

No one is safe in Criminal Minds tho this little girl barely escaped. The acting on the show is superb. Do you know we all act? We all speak in dialog every single day. I told Dan we had a really dramatic meeting at New Directions last nite.
I was sitting in a small group, mildly troubled by an increasingly belligerent young man, when the sobs of a young woman rang across the cavernous room.

The next day, today, I worked about six hours following-up on the explosive events, settling the dust. My music? The Koln Concert, of course, which I lowered each time I got on the phone. Sustenance? A spicy chicken noodle zoup I made with chunks of veggies and brown rice.

No wonder I needed a nice vacation and went to Dan n Nicole's to watch the calming blood n guts series called Criminal Minds, which I'd never heard of before. Dyou think they'll let me return next Wed nite to watch it again? I was awfully good & barely asked any questions.

One thing I learned about taking pix. When my eye lingers on something, snap the fucking picture....fast! Cuz that means it's gonna be a good shot. See, I was passing that g'dam blue building day after day and finally I said to myself, Do it now before they paint over that gorgeous blue.

We have a part inside of us that gives us orders. What's it called, Freud?

Freud: The chief dispatcher, Ruthie.

RZ: Oh, thanks a bunch, Dr Freud. I read your abridged bio by Ernest Jones but can't remember nothin.

Freud: Call my secretary in Vienna, you'll make an appt and lie down on my couch and we'll talk about it.

RZ: Really?

Freud: Yeah, bring your checkbook.

RZ: Dyou take credit cards?

2 comments:

  1. I've been traveling to, in and from Greenland with no time to read blogs or drop comments and I still don't have the time or energy but, damn, I like that cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you are definitely a cat man, bill, where'eer you go. now perhaps you're a reindeer man. and we know you're a whaler!

    ReplyDelete