Tuesday, June 1, 2010

California Clint is 80

Clint Eastwood is still handsome and sexy at 80. It gives us all hope!
Clint tours a huge vault filled with the costumes from all his movies
There are so many costumes he barely remembers them all.
Ny favorite are his fancy cowboy togs
He walks well for a man of 80 and his pants aren't hiked up too high

Watched the birthday tribute to Eastwood on Turner Classic Films, introduced by the dapper Robert Osbourne. As I type, I'm hearing the theme song right now. Biggest brain area, I'm told, is our Song Department. Thanks to Oliver Sacks, MD, for that bit of fascinating trivia.

I called Lori yesterday at the hospital in California where she checked in. I gave her hell for wanting to leave the planet. She's on new meds - Celexa, Risperdal, and Lamictal.

You understand, I said to her, they don't work unless you take them, don't you?

Yes, she said.

Her voice was animated when she first spoke to me. The nurse put her on the phone instead of the ignominy of the payphone. Then, as we talked business --- her mental health -- she began to waver.

What are you thinking? I asked her.

About going home, she said.

And what will you do there, I asked.

Nothing, she said.

Well, you've gotta have an ACTION PLAN when you leave the hospital. Dyou understand?

Yes, she said.

Dyou promise me you'll get an action plan before you leave?

Yes, she said.

After I hung up, I thought about how much I loved life. Here's a few things to love as I'm sitting here typing:

- The breeze that's coming in the kitchen window and the front door

- My typing hands that have been with me for 64 years and who began typing at 8 when my dad taught me to type

- The green leaves on the maple tree in the backyard, seeming to protect me from all harm

- My library books

- PA Representative Tom Murt's office which are still collecting goods for Iraqi citizens, they said, when I stopped in this morning. I have many things to donate.

- Best of all, the wonderful people I surround myself with. If we are what we eat, we become even greater b/c of the people we love and who love us.

1 comment:

  1. Wise post.

    We deal with the "big" stuff by cherishing the much-more-abundant "small" stuff...the stuff that life is made up of in this only moment..that turns out to also be the stuff that dreams are made of. Dream on, Doc


    Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete