Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bike envy

Is it my imagination that when Scott and I ride our bikes people look at us in admiration? One fellow stopped us and wanted to know the trails we use. We explained Rails to Trails, paving over old RR tracks w/nice soft material that is good for both bikes and those on foot. Our favorite is beautiful Lorimer Park which affords views of the flowing Pennypack Creek, wildflowers, huge boulders which offer cool air when we bike through.

When we ride, we hear people start talking about bikes. The fellow at Lorimer was w/his lady. He wore a huge cross on his chest and said they're definitely gonna buy bikes. We told him where we got ours. They both said Scott and I looked in great shape.

I was gonna say, I'm 63 and Scott is 50 but I decided not to, figuring I could stand and talk all day or ride my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment