Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Big Oops!

The title of my email was Compass mag cover. I sent it yesterday to many of the contributors to indicate the Compass would actually be published next week. Inadvertently I emailed the entire contents, not just the cover photo. I only realized my mistake this morning when Joe Bunting wrote and said how much he enjoyed the entire issue.

At our Thursday nite meeting I had emailed my group and asked them to p'pate in a group photo at St Peter's church in Glenside PA. When I pulled up, late as always, an enormous group was standing in the parking lot chatting. Wow, I thought, they heeded my call. I felt so proud. They like us!

The day before I'd gone over to the church and spoken to the biz manager, Mike Sayre, who took me on a tour of possible photographic sites. Unbeknownst to many of us, there's a b'ful peaceful inner courtyard filled with flowers and a statue of St. Francis. We decided that was the perfect photography venue. If only it didn't rain. If it rained, we would go into the chapel. Mike showed me how to turn on the lights as we'd pose against the beautiful stained glass.

I told him I'm Jewish but I appreciate the elegance of Christian art. One of his parishioners fashioned some simple yet elegant crosses that are real treasures.

Did it rain on our group photo shoot? Click here to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment