Thursday, August 6, 2009

A'compassing we will go!

Yes the Compass is out. Mark Amos at Bux-Mont Stationers in Hatboro, PA is currently my most favorite person in the entire world. Not only is he an expert desktop publisher, but he gives me much-needed advice on everything from aesthetics to readability to what shade of lipstick and eyeshadow I should use.

BTW, NEVER say LOL after you make a joke.

Armed with a box of Compass I stopped at a few places to show it off. Places I did NOT go in Hatboro were: Daddypops Diner, Ming's Restaurant which is going downhill, Le Coffee Salon which went outa business, the Red Barn Mall which smells bad and is dark, La Fontana which is my favorite local restaurant.

I did however go to Pennypack Trust nature center for my semi-annual inquiry, this time on Coyotes. No, said director David Robertson, the animal you saw in your backyard was not a coyote. A coyote looks like a shaggy German shepherd.

While there I complimented David and Lauren on their new long slip-free carpet they ordered from a catalogue and admired a fallen nest they had on their desk. I told them the sad tale of our little dead sparrow which in fact has disappeared from his above-ground burial site, Scott checks on these matters.

Then I went over to Mom's house where I have a new appreciation for her hoarding capacities. I used to get mad at her. She hardly throws anything away. During our rains, she had water in her basement which floated parts of Tyler's crib throughout the entire space.

Tyler is 18 years old. My mother felt terrible about the crib which my sister Ellen said is no longer in compliance with crib regulations.

Mom, I said, maybe you can have it REBUILT to fit regulations! Wouldn't that be nice? Then you'd have a crib ready for the next time a baby came over.

She was glad to see the Compass. I gave her two since a member of our group is practically a member of my mom's family.

Today I sent my Mom a Happy Birthday postcard. What? I should spend 4.95 on a card?

Okay, gotta leave for group now.

No comments:

Post a Comment