Sunday, April 26, 2009

More on baking potatoes

Fellow blogger Stephen Weinstein aka "Kitchen Helper Stephen" writes:

If you are not hooked on a crispy skin, baked potatoes can be made in the microwave in about 6 minutes (for one potato or 8 minutes for two). It is quite an energy and time saver. Note of caution: put fork holes in the potato before putting in the microwave to avoid the potato exploding.

Problem is, Stephen, I don't have a microwave!

What? An American without a nuker? Yep. I paid good money to have my township come out and haul it away curbside. Can't stand the microwave. The food comes out too hot. Gotta wait seemingly forever on an empty stomach for the food to cool down.

Thankfully, tho, Stephen, I regained my standing in my neighborhood (please don't let them know I haven't got the requisite microwave) by getting my gas barbeque grill fixed. It had been turned off by the gas company right after I moved in. "Out of compliance" said the red tag after I called them about the horrible gas odor.

It took me 14 years to get it fixed. Today was my first day of grilling! Ooooh, I feel so....so...., well, almost normal.

Whenever you open up these old barbeques, you never know what you'll find. Inside was a bag full of cigarette butts. I spose when Simon lived with me he sat out on the back porch and chain-smoked. Sure enuf they were Marlboro Lights. The cigarettes are still here tho the man himself died from smoking them.