Saturday, February 28, 2015

My life with Christians - Willow Grove Bible Church - Setting up the Room for Today's Program at the Giant

Once a month on a Friday night, The Fresh Ground Coffee House is offered at the Willow Grove Bible Church five minutes away from home.

Image result for fresh ground coffee house This is their unforgettable logo.

I warmed myself up with a couple of cups while the room filled up with wall-to-wall people who buzzed like bees in our ears.

You had to shout while you talked.

Don't you hate that?

Burt Plaster sat down and talked with me. You're a very good listener I said to him. He was just put in charge of a Christian ministry with HQ in Fort Washington. When he was in medical school, he told me, the best way for him to pray was to write.

God speaks to him.

I said I feel the presence of God when I stand, small and humble, before the huge dome of the stars, impossibly high up in the sky.

I feel different in the daylight than in the night.

You do, too, I'd imagine. Think about all the different ways we feel. I felt very happy yesterday when I found out my story "A Light in the Kitchen" will be published.

Burt's wife Joni came around. She is one of the most lovable people you've ever met. Last time I was there, I prayed with her and Pastor Ken Barkley.

I asked Ken what he'll be preaching about on Sunday... something about John the Baptist, I believe, when he meets Christ.

I said I would attend. 

The Compass is at Boggs Printing in Hatboro, PA.

We're still looking for a vibrant exciting unforgettable cover. I had not found it until I saw the digitilized photos of Chuck Greco of Huntingdon Valley.

His studio, he told me, is in the laundry room. When I wrote about Bill Daley, ceramicist, for Art Matters, he told me the same thing.

Take a look at Chuck's artwork here. 

I tried to post a couple of the pix I'm interested in, but, leave it to Blogspot, they came out in the middle of this post, covering up some of my immortal words.

Who's this with the gorgeous yellow nails?

We're not telling.

At 1 pm today, I've got a program at the Willow Grove Giant on Caring for The Elderly.

Went over this morning to set up.

The elevator is not working.

I knew about the employee elevator but the people behind the service desk were SO NASTY they wouldn't let me take it.

Then I asked 'AN OFFICIAL' who allowed me entry.

For Dr Sarah Kagan's gift I bought, with Sandie's help,

Image result for red tulips in pot  Wish us luck in getting people to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment