Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Bad Plus's New Album



I first began listening to jazz when my cousin Mark introduced me to Miles Davis back in our childhood home of Cleveland, Ohio.

I was hooked.

When my daughter Sarah married jazz pianist Ethan Iverson I already knew the language of jazz and have been following their career and music ever since. Because they're great, I try to promote them whenever possible.

On the video, which was produced by bass player Reid's wife Christina, listen to the riff around the 8-minute mark.

Can't get much better than that. Turn up the music!

From their gig in Argentina...



Yesterday, Scott and I went to his parents' house to celebrate the traditional breaking of the fast for Yom Kippur. His 15-year-old nephew is an artist and musician and introduced me to Slash, who parted company with Axl Rose and Guns N Roses.

When I came home, I went straight to YouTube and found...



Sexy, n'est-ce-pas? Yeah, but my all-time favorite is Axl wearing a skirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment