Friday, October 23, 2009

More from Arnie

ARN: Here’s something from the I Ching: “He who is conscious of danger creates peace for himself, he who takes things lightly creates his own downfall.”

RZD: Arnie, I always operate from a premise of danger. This is why I was only hosp'd once for manic-depression. My hosp'n was tantamount to being in hell. This is why whenever I drive at high speeds I imagine what it would feel like to fly thru the windshield. Don't they train soldiers to think of themselves as already dead? What a great concept.

I think this is also why I love reading good literature and poetry so much. It's a surcease from danger - even if you're reading about death - and a total immersion into the life of the mind, which is a place I love to dwell. I know you're a great reader, too. I think you concentrate more on books to help you live better, yes? Perhaps this is cuz your bipolar has never been well-controlled.

ARN: I read your blog and it's fine, however I would have preferred it if you didn’t mention that I was married three times. But it is the truth! Someone once said to me that, I at least had what it takes to try it three times (but when I look back on them, I see it as mistakes that I made). It’s just something that I’m not particularly proud of. But don’t fret, I’m okay with it.

It’s amazing the difference…the way I’m feeling now, since the Prestiq began to work. It’s been a couple of weeks now.

RZD: I'd never heard of Prestiq until you mentioned it. Wasn't it great that we had someone in our group who works for a pharm company? He explained that Prestiq is an isomer of Effexor, a "cleaner" type of drug, ie, less side effects. It belongs to the class of antidepressants called SNRI (serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor). (I'm looking at my notes from the other nite.)

Stay well, Arnie! Oh, feel free to attend our Bonfire a week from today, Friday, Oct. 30, from 6 pm till midnite. Details on our ND website. I'll take a look at your newly painted van.

No comments:

Post a Comment