Monday, April 24, 2023

LAMENTATIONS

 Hold on a moment please. Gonna walk around the block. Wearing warm long pants with pockets filled with tissues. One more sip of Folger's Instant Coffee. Then I will continue with my idea: THE ART OF CONVERSATION. 


I used this photo for my Shaker Heights Alumni picture. 

Okay I am back but I could not get in the house, so I asked Scott to open the door.

I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAgdd2VqLVc

Grosse Fuge by Beethoven, can anything save him

We've talked about this before

Must he die before THE HOLY ONE 

Blessed is He,

Gathers his bounty far and wide

And I, whose name feathers the ground

Far from Germany, and Alsace de Lorraine,

Steps lively on the Tic Tac Toe 

Cement, or, if you're a Texan, like many

in my family, gone, Millard G Deming

an Arab named Joseph, who they threw

down a pit, and I marveled at the colors

of the azalea, pink as the light filtering

through a kitty-cat's ear.

II. 

Slept through ALL THE PRESIDENTS MEN

Known as Watergate, Woodward and Bernstein

changing the course of our country

Pat Nixon, always the sad-eyed martyr

So play, Grosse Fuge, play

And have a drink of cool cool water

And hang out the colors blue and green, Ukraine

And watch Father and Daughter down the street

Play Catch. 

III.

We missed the race. The weather was fine.

We had registered, even paid.

I could see my name and number 

Across the forest-green lands

Where my trot - perhaps I was number 5 -

Made me and my partner proud.

Bob Dylan made up his own name.

You realize, of course, I am grabbing these images from the Internet. 


Shall I look out the front door now and see if there is anything going on? 

PS. I read the entire TIMES CHRONICLE newspaper and tossed it into the Yellow Plastic Bin.

They no longer publish my work, so why pay for it? 

Up the street, down the street, up the street, down the street.

Don't forget to BREATHE. 

In a large pot on the stove I am making CARROT SOUP with some chopped up garlic. 

My friend CC would make the soup. Great chef who volunteered at PVNC.   

She also knew the name of wildflowers since she worked at a nature center.

On this morning's walk I found some BEECH LEAVES that had fallen off the tree.

I looked way way up and there they were, growing up up up in the air.

One of my favorite trees is a Beech before you get into Hatboro, PA. Yes, they made hats for the Revolution. 

Thank you Marquis de 

Lemme tell you it took all my strength to walk around the block.

Hold on while I stir the carrot soup again. 

And sip on the Folger's Instant Coffee which needs MORE HOT WATER. 







No comments:

Post a Comment