Sunday, December 10, 2017

Poem: After shoveling, hot soup - Our Writers' Group on Saturday - My mobiles

AFTER SHOVELING,
HOT SOUP

The winter sun melted
much of the ice
on the sidewalk,
and the layers of icing
on our windshields
shades of Sartre's fear
of No Exit.

They're all dead now,
Albert Camus, Simone de Beauvoir,
Heidegger, and Proust with his
melt-in-your mouth madeleins.

Even my friend David B Kime is dead
cartwheeling up to the heavenly choir.

David, see me waving from my front porch
where I admire the criss cross of pathways
to make sure I get out the morrow

What a film noir we watched on TCM
Breaking Point. John Garfield was
masterful, a gun-toting coffee drinker.

Neighbors drive down the sun-cleared road,
Tomorrow I shall join them, pretending
I'm a rodeo rider raising my Stetson hat
high in the air. Watch me go by!

We're sorry, crock pot people. They were from Uzbekistan and had a thrift shop in Hatboro, but went outa biz.

PURPLE CAMERA is back on duty. I'd forgotten to recharge the batteries.

Here's some leftover pix.

This is where I buy my cameras and have things blown up, make that, enlarged.

Now the guy was helping me buy a new camera as I'd temp lost Purple Camera.

A woman was waiting behind me in line.

The salesperson did not acknowledge her. Never said, Hello, I'll be with you shortly."

After 20 minutes, she walked out. Who can blame her?

Before we shoveled. This is 12-10-17.




 Standing on my front step in my Chinese shoes which have a porous bottom.

Saturday's writers' group.

No way was I gonna drive to B's condo, but neighbor Ken Ivins picked me up and drove, very good, safe driver.

He brought a fab soup he made in his shiny cooker.

Everyone brought something but me as I didn't think I'd go.

Food I ate: crystallized ginger, candied pecans, shortbread cookies, two small hoagies from Marf - ham and turkey - I absolutely stuffed myself. Injected 14 and when I got home my sugar was fine.

Topics we discussed: former boyfriends and girlfriends, premature ejaculators, music we loved, since on WXPN they're playing top 100 tunes of the year. I felt so comfortable I used the F word, which I only do with certain people.

I could not think of the best concert I ever went to at the Keswick. Knew the guy spoke Waloof and was from somewhere in Africa.

Finally found him on my blog.

Youssou N'Dour  Here he is on Wiki. Very distinguished gentleman

YoussouNdour20090913.jpg

Here's my blog post. 

Click here.

Great reading!!!

I also own one of Youssou's CDs.

When Rem and I were guessing who he could be, Rem suggested Hamza el Din.

I also have a CD of the late Hamza el Din from Egypt but who lived in Oakland, CA, for many years.

And of course no CD collection would be complete w/o a CD from the Masai Warriors, who visited the Doylestown Hospital Wellness Center many yrs ago!

Incredible energy.

Since Scott is off today I'm gonna ask him to hang up two of my mobiles.

 Here are two in my living room.
 The above two, which I painted on the back porch, shall assume their rightful position somewhere. Also on the chair are two mags I had my work published in. One is a warrior magazine Proud to Be. I wrote a fab story of a returning vet which they did not take.

They did publish Poem for my Father.

Blood and Thunder has two of my poems, Mom and I Celebrate the Second Day of Rosh Hashonah and Mom and I Play Scrabble.

I keep this darling photo of Sarah and Dan on top of my secretary dans le living. Wonder if they still remember me?

Trump's daily struggle to get through each day, from The Times, Dec. 9, 2017.. 

Upstairs I go to ride like the wind on my quarterhorse while reading

The Four: The Hidden DNA of Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and GoogleRead about it here


No comments:

Post a Comment