Friday, December 8, 2017

Photos please - Poem: Say It Isn't So, Mary Ann Moylen

These photos are from Thursday, Dec. 8, 2017.

Everyone looked much better in person.

Donna
The Ame!
Donna cut my hair and mom's.

Ellen had gone to Dunkin Donuts for Coffee. It's her fave, which I never knew. I brought a styrofoam cup home - it's not biodegradable - so after I drank it, I chewed the cup myself.

Actually what I did was water my plants with the remaining coffee.

I am sitting here now in the living room, having decided to see CERTAIN WOMEN at the Hunt. Valley Library.

I am feeling sorry for myself - not again! - b/c I have no local girlfriends.

How does one make friends? Tell me if you know. 



A friend sent me a gift of $100 in appreciation of my helping her - thank you thank you! - and I told her I'd buy some 'leggins' at Target.

Mom liked this shirt, which I bought yrs ago at The Sweater Mill in Hatboro. Let's see if it's still open for biz.

Image result for the sweater mill   Tiz! Plus when I called I heard puppies barking as it doubles as a puppy mill.

Not only that, but it's right on the River Floss

Image result for mill on the floss

Lemme tell you something strange.

When I walk, I totter. Is it my sox from The Sox Lady? Or is it my feet.

Hold on, while I do a test.

Not bad. For foot fetishists, click to enlarge.

Wonder if our recent male assaulters - Al Frankel, Charlie Rose, Matt Laurer and the list goes on - were into feet.

Mom sits on a high stool while Donna snips away.


 Donna made Mom a little pony tail. Mom looked FABULOUS.

You look like Pebbles, said Donna.

Yes, Pebbles Flintstone!



Gotta make sure I published the following poem, but lucky for you, Dear Reader, there's more to read below dat! Oy, vey, I can't remember what now!

SAY IT ISN'T SO, MARY ANN

The fatso's, the skin and bones,
the beer-bellied, the people with
diabetes whose Islets of Langerhans
have lost their way.

All of us jumped aboard
the Ark of Mary Ann Moylen
for help of the hardest sort:
giving up sweets, our beloved
Mounds Bars, Ben and Jerry's,
Pizza with Pepperoni and
Extra Cheese.

This simple lass from Allentown
steered the ship with finesse
while munching on her favorite:
peanut butter crackers downed
with a glass of almond milk.

My hot tears increase the
temperature of the ocean. Milady
will be gone to Allentown. Years ago
I visited there. The Frank Lloyd Wright
Room at the Allentown Museum.

Her clients will now see her in
Trexlertown. Don't laugh, but does
such a town exist? Yes, it's home to
the Trexlertown Cricket Club.

Say not a word, s'ils vous plait,
but I've lined up an interview
to be a bar maid at the cricket club,
my specialties, I said, are cool drinks,
sweet as the summer sun. Margaritas,
anyone?

***

Last night, I was up until 2 am, watching Season One of Hawaii-Five-O. The pilot episode - 2 hrs long - was unforgettable!!!

Scott lent me the film, which he bought at Barnes and Noble.

Hawaii Five-O season 1 DVD.png

He should be home now. Will go over when I finish breakfast.

One thing that bothered me about McGarrett is he calls all women, "Love."  As in "May, love, will you get me some coffee."

Do you think he does this with Dano, played by James MacArthur?

Dano, love, mind getting me a cuppa coffee.

Image result for tcm film noir shirt       When I went to Scott's yesterday, he had this TCM shirt draped over a chair.

Guess who it was from!

No comments:

Post a Comment