Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fixing up my yard - Free mulch from the Township

The endless pot of my delicious Eggplant stew, made with zucchini, yellow squash, black beans for protein and Nature's Promise Tomato-Basil Spaghetti Sauce.

How dyou like this old-fashioned bowl I bought years ago at a Yard Sale?

Just after it started raining - two storms are on the way now - Scott and I went to the free mulch pile for Upper Moreland.

When you drive in, there's a sign: You're now on the Security Camera.

Possibly to deter landscape companies?

The compost is made up of our 'yard waste' - grass, leaves, dead vegetation. Mixed in are tiny pieces of plastic.

I love the smell of mulch. The mulch mountains were perhaps 16 feet high. The inside was HOT! Smoking. Burned my hands. I wore rubber gloves. The transplant, you know. Watch out for the microbes in the soil.

When it stopped raining, I went out and mulched the Buddha Garden. Don't want any weeds attacking my beautiful pansies.

Coming up to the house I made an arrangement of tiny pumpkins for Halloween plus my backyard ferns in two whiskey bottles Sarah saved for me. Whiskey bottles are beautifully crafted.

Let's take a look at the first whiskey bottle that pops into my mind:

Apricot Brandy. Scuse me, got one other blog post to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment