Monday, August 22, 2011

My Back Surgery Article published on Patch.com

I learned my lesson. Always wear sox when walking. Otherwise...blisters. Photo shows these noxious plants which left untended will take over my garden. They surround the watering can and green hosta plant.

Click here for Back Surgery Article.

I sent out copies of my article to loads of people, including one to Jean at Abington Presbyterian Church where we hold our New Directions meetings.

A funny thing happened at our last meeting.

The doors were locked.

Our sexton, Nelson, was on vacation, but luckily for us, he was home when we phoned him. I know his last name, so I was able to ask the 411 operator.

Then me and Jim drove over to his apartment complex, popped him in the front seat, and drove him back to the church.

He needed to personally let us in and was very specific on how to lock the door.

So we had our meeting after all. It was too dark and bug-filled to meet on the grass.

In my Patch article, I mention some neighbors 7 doors up the hill from me.

When I went for my after-lunch walk up n down Cowbell, I put a note on the outside of their mailbox. .

Look, I was a canvasser for Obama so I've done things like this before.

And do not ask me if my first and only choice, Hillary, would be doing a better job than Obama.

As I'm walking up the street I re-read my letter, which read something like:

Hi, I'm your neighbor and live at 204 Cowbell. I wrote an article about my back surgery. You're in it. You'll like what I wrote. Please email me at RuthDeming@comcast.net and I'll send you the link.

Then I said to myself, How presumptuous! How do I know they'll like it. How do I know they want to be written about?

They get home around the time most working people do. We'll see if they come after me.

I clipped the roses this morning so they wouldn't scratch Mailman Ken. Brought a sprig inside and put it inside a jelly jar that Sarah left behind. Looks great. Click a couple times to enlarge. It's to the right of the robin's nest.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on freeing yourself from a great deal of pain and for writing about it on Patch. The rest of my comment is in the email.

    ReplyDelete