Sunday, April 10, 2011

Company calling - the miracle of pills - I can't stop eating

Sarah's cousin Nikki picked her up at the Bed n Breakfast and drove her home to Clarksboro NJ where her son Quinn, 9, was playing baseball. Nikki's 3 boys are real athletic. Her husband Steve was the high school quarterback.

They sat in the stands and cheered him on.

I have signs up in my house:

Prograf - small white capsule
Cellcept - colorful large capsule

Can't seem to memorize which is which. This despite the fact that my thinking seems very clear since the toxins which were circulating in my body are being cleared out.

Speaking of the brain, my sister Ellen told me Dr Oz introduced a new theory of why people get Alzheimer's disease on his April 8 show. He said this may be the most important show he's ever done.

Alz is really Diabetes of the Brain and stems from the foods we eat, esp. those w/ the preservative NITRATE in them. Culprits include bacon, smoked turkey, and processed foods which contain nitrates. The brain thus becomes a factory for trying to get rid of nitrasamines. See website.

My family and Scott also are extremely health-conscious and rarely eat foods with preservatives. Now that I can eat dairy products again, I can eat delicious Friendship cottage cheese which is the only local variety w/ no preservatives in it.





Add 325 mg of Percoset to my shitload of pills for my damn sciatica. I always kept some extra around and had 3 left from a Rx I got in 2002. They did help but not as much as the fresh ones I took at the hospital.

My sister Donna, who suffers from back pain brought me a few more till I get my own Rx. Donna had scoliosis and at age 14 was operated on in our childhood home in Cleveland. Metal rods were inserted in her spine, one of the first patients to undergo this procedure, thank you Dr Hernden.

Decades later she's suffered excruciating pain.

Dr Charles Herndon died in 1997. His widow just died in March!

And still lived in Cleveland!

Donna attends an excellent Pain Mgt Clinic at Holy Redeemer Hospital. The science of pain mgmt is called ALGIATRY.

I just learned to capitalize big words since reading Newsweek, a gift from Ada. The new mag, redesigned by new editor Tina Brown, is so informative I feel smart when I finish reading an article or two. They have top authors writing for them.

If you read the online NY Times, you now have to pay to read the articles. So I did! The only things I can't live without are the online Times and Cellcept, the colorful big capsule, and Prograf, the tiny capsules.

Dan sent me an email yesterday asking if they could come and visit. Sure, you can come at 2 in the morning and I'll get up for Dan, Nicole and Grace, 8 months. Nicole is learning to become a lactation consultant.

I think she attends classes at the Willow Grove Giant, second floor classroom, which can be rented out to nonprofit groups.

She told an amazing story about one of the many things she learned. After the baby is born, keep them on your chest.

(Oh, now I'm getting the Percoset itch on my butt. Not that bad.)

The baby will actually move a little and find the breast to suckle on!

When you love someone, all views of them are b'f. We are three-dimensional beings - and kidneys - so we're a veritable hologram of varied views.

Here's Dan and my friend Judy. I've been friends w/ Jude and her wonderful mom Blanche for nearly 20 yrs. When Blanche and I get on the phone together, we usually go nearly an hour. We're a lot alike: two little ole Jewish yentas.

We all sit on the floor when the baby is here.

I haven't seen Amy Russell in maybe 10 years. She was teaching computers at Penn State Abington when I bumped into her and now, since her kids are older - Harry is 18 (OMG), Rachel is 16, and little Eli is 10 - she works FT at Merck, working on the development of new vaccines.

Helen Kirschner came to visit, too!

Why do women love holding babies? The link to the next generation and the affirmation that life goes on and on and on.

Oh-oh. I just looked at the clock - 7:34 pm. Gotta take my shitload at 8 pm. I dread it. I now take the 14 pills with freezing cold milk. Makes it less gaggable.

Dyou believe I had to abstain from cheese for probly a year. Minor cheating, of course.

I was longing for my first crackers and cheese. Unbelievably fab!

Forbidden olives now allowed. I can't begin to tell you how delicious these were, bought at mine own sweet Giant Supermarket.

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of pills. Thank goodness for the pills.

    Lots of men like to hold babies, too.

    Looks like I'm headed to Alzheimer's.

    Can't even remember what I just wrote.

    The NYT said I was such a good reader, they wanted to keep me no matter what and so they gave me a complimentary subscription to the end of 2011.

    I may be a good reader, but I can't remember a damn thing I read.

    I don't even remember writing that I can't remember a damn thing I read.

    I better go back and read it again.

    H'mmmm --- can't even read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too tired from working on my several websites I still haven't finished but will comment a little. Good idea to post notes and maybe take photos of the pills with their names. You will get the routine down pat soon.

    I love cheese and crackers..my favorites. Also used to love Friendship Farmer Cheese but haven't seen it in a long time.

    Glad you are connecting with many good people who are important to you and that you are doing so well.

    Will read Dr. Oz's info with great interest. I absolutely dread ending up like my mil. My mother had a little dementia but not nearly as bad as my mil's. So sad..

    Always interested in what you have to say. I heard something on NPR about a programmer who figured out a way to avoid paying for NY Times fees but I stupidly did not stop to write down the info. Wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are doing ok. Either I goofed on my comment and it didn't go through or you are slowed down and unable to approve them. I hope it is the first.

    If not, please rest up and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete