Sunday, January 9, 2011

What's for lunch, Mom? Oodles of noodles

This seafood chowder was quite delicious. Was talking on the phone to Freda while I chopped the veggies. This was the first time I went food shopping since my sciatica. Debbie, the fish lady at the Giant, leaned forward to wish me a Happy New Year, and I waved hello to Robert, who's head of the department. These people are part of my extended family. They have no last names.

I just love noodles, anything with noodles I devour, like the meal we had after Mike's Hikes yesterday. We went to the new and improved Carving Board in Hatboro, owned by a Korean family, since Sept of 09. The previous owners were next door to our beloved Le Coffee Salon, which ain't no more, due to lack of business. Owner Yin Liu has gone back to school.

I bought four huge scallops at the Giant and cut em into little pieces for my zoup. Here's the recipe:

saute onions, celery, green pepper, carrots and add
one box of low-sodium chicken broth
water as needed
add a cup of mushrooms
four large scallops which, when tender, you can cut into bite-size pieces

garnish with fresh chives

See that terrific scissors in the pic? My gardener, a kid, left it here. I called him about it telling him I'm leaving it my mailbox. He never picked it up, hence my new kitchen shears. Dyou think it's his mom's scissors?

Time to load my pillbox. I thought of a new and better way to do it. I stand the bottles on their heads so I can see them easier.



I'm working on a poem but gotta get my oil changed now. See ya!

1 comment:

  1. Too many pills! I thought I had it bad. Actually, I would be taking more if I could pay for them.

    ReplyDelete