Friday, November 28, 2014

Preparing for the shabang tomro - Sarah and Ethan arrive

    Around 11:30 am Ethan and Sarah drove up in their borrowed black Audi.

I had just woken up at 10:45, one of those crazy nites, where I was awake until 2 am, having written two flash fictions - Black Friday and Therapy - and submitted them online.

When I couldn't fall asleep in my bed, I came downstairs, lay on the red couch and watched five hours of Charlie Rose, sleeping through much of it.

Of particular interest was the family of the late Michael Brown, the 18-yo teen from Ferguson, MO, and

Carlos Ghosn - India Economic Summit 2009.jpg  the 60-yo Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Nissan, who brought it back from bankrupty. Nissan is the largest selling car in China and also at 204.

 Ghosn and Charlie Rose were talking so fast, I could barely keep up. Ghosn had a funny way about him, reminiscent of British comic Mr. Bean.


 
         Will the real Carlos Ghosn please......

Norman Lear was also on promoting his new book.


We were so glad to have Norman and Carlos back at this table.

Norman, who's 92, was born in 1922, is a month younger than my mom. He learned of the importance of obtaining the rights to the reruns.

Where did the day go?

Sarah's in the kitchen preparing food for tomro.

Ethan, after wrassling with Richard Parker of the glinting green eye

is working across from me in his Red Couch Cubicle.

We dined tonite on leftovers at Dan and Nicole's



 Their friend Sara-One-H made homemade bread. I put cranberry sauce on top.
Grace jabbering away. She's eating a peanut butter and jelly pocket sandwich and mac cheese. Her milk is in the cup with, she told us, the purple straw.

When we got there, she was in the family room milking her new stuffed rhinoceros. Who's the milk for? I asked.

Thinking quickly she answered "Fookah."

Who's Fookah, I asked.

"My pretend friend."

 Bath-time for the kids.
 Here's Blank, once the runt of the litter, the cat who once so loved me, that when he and Dan lived here, he nuzzled my head and then, overcome with desire, BUTTED me on the mouth, fracturing my front tooth. $800 root canal.
 Blank's brother just passed away in New Jersey. Kidney problems. Same as Blank. Sarah, who has a strong interest in kidneys, suggested one of the other 2 cats living at home, donate his kidney.
For dessert, we had home-made pumpkin spice cake with delicious frosting.

   From Internet. Nicole's cake looked just like this.

I cut four slices and placed them on the dining room table for dessert.

I ate two of them.


 Grace was hiding from Sarah, wearing her "fairy" nightgown.
 Max is so tired his photo came out blurry. "Chugga chugga chugga" is his favorite phrase.
Sarah, I said, Don't you and Ethan wish you had a playroom like this in New York?

We were discussing the site Reddit, which shows trends. Everyone is discussing the new Star War movies coming out in a year.

Dan showed us previews on his teeny tiny smart phone. I'm not a die-hard fan.

This is what Reddit looks like.

Someone posted:

Young man had sign saying, "free hugs", at a Portland Ferguson rally. This cop took him up on the offer. (i.imgur.com)
Grace and Sarah were playing with characters from the Doll House. There was a terrible father named Einstein, who said he knew he was a bad dad, but had to devote his time to science.

  The new Mary Oliver book of poems is one of eight books I'm currently reading.

There are some beautiful lines in here.

From "Good Morning"

The multiplicity of forms! The hummingbird,
the fox, the raven, the sparrow hawk, the
otter, the dragonfly, the water lily! And
on and on. It must be a great disappointment
to God if we are not dazzled at least ten
times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment